• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick flow power port 240's...has anyone ported them yet?

Brewzer67

Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone on the list purchased a pair yet and done any additional porting on them? I have seen lots of threads for OOTB builds that were really impressive but am wondering if there has been anyone that has been brave enough to see if they can pick up any additional performance by taking advantage of the extra meat in the roof of the ports. I know Mike at MRL thought there was some room for improvement but I haven't seen anyone exploring that option yet. Has anyone been brave enough yet?

They had announced a 270cc max wedge version of them. I'm waiting for a set of those before my next wedge build.

Yep Jim/IQ52 is the man, he did a great build...

like he always does

They had announced a 270cc max wedge version of them. I'm waiting for a set of those before my next wedge build.
Hhmm , i wonder which rocker gear these will need . If price is similar to current heads these could be in my future

Tex

AE3F9E15-6356-4BC3-9F49-CEEB6EBF1147_zpsleyklei5.png

Wow that looks good . Those HS rockers will cost half the cost of the heads . Look forward to their release .
Be the ducks guts on my new 505

Tex

You don't have to buy the Harland Sharps. That is just the part number for stock style rockers, meaning no expensive, large offset rockers needed.

Sweet OOTB heads for damn sure

thanks for the spec's

You don't have to buy the Harland Sharps. That is just the part number for stock style rockers, meaning no expensive, large offset rockers needed.
Kool ,
I had wondered . a mate has sidewinders (replaced damaged Eddy's) with max wedge port runs non offset HS . I had hoped if going max wedge to reuse my Crane golds and not buy more expensive stuff .
I do understand the TF 240's use a shorter version HS rocker

Tex

With the above information, the new 270 heads appear to be what I guessed they'd be after talking to TrickFlow, the very same castings as the 240 heads. There is plenty of room to make the 240 heads max wedge height. They use the same valves, rockers, have the same exhaust port height.........I think the 270 will be something very close to the Indy EZ head. If you already have 240's I believe they will be able to go to 270 cc's. We'll know, we are going with worked 240's on the twin turbo engine. And....as we've got those flows from 250cc RPM heads, I think the 270 TrickFlows heads can go even more than what they advertise.

Auto Transport Service
Back