• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trip a long time coming_5 Aussies in the USA

Pauls68

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Well 14 months since we committed to the idea, 4 mates and I are heading to home of our muscle cars to visit three great car shows, check out some of the worlds great cities and most importantly meet some of the great people that make this shared interest such a great one.
Its an understatement to say we are all thrilled to visit the USA so if you are attending NSRA Hot Rod Nationals in Louiville, Hot August Nights in Reno or Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit during the month of August, and against all odds of you see a T-shirt such as this, hit us up for a beer and we can swap stories. I will post up pics as we go of my favourite mopars of course!

Front.JPG
Rear.JPG

Now I almost want to hit Hot August Nights... Almost... Hope Y'all have a Great Trip....

watch out for the Royal Oak cops they will give you tickets like a clown handing out candy.

Congrats and have a great time. Maybe post your schedule so that some members here would be able to offer up some advise or a watering hole for your trip. If you're traveling through central Ohio, I'd be glad to have y'all stop by the garage for a few beers.

Head west young man, head west!

Congrats and have a great time. Maybe post your schedule so that some members here would be able to offer up some advise or a watering hole for your trip. If you're traveling through central Ohio, I'd be glad to have y'all stop by the garage for a few beers.

Thanks Mccoymail,
that's a good idea I really appreciate the offer. given the vast distances involved and timing of the shows we are going to be spending a lot of time in airports. But we are keen to see these shows and any other local car meets, Coffee n Chrome etc along the way. Unfortunately we wont be passing through Ohio, otherwise we definitely would have taken you up on the offer.

We are in
NY Tues 30th July to Thursday 1st August
KY (louisville) Thursday 1st to Monday 5th August
NV (Reno) Tuesday 6th August to Sunday 11th August
NV (Vegas) Sunday 11th to Thursday 15th August
MI (Detroit) Thursday 15th August to Sunday
CA (LA) Sunday 18th August to Wednesday August 21st.

That's a good start! Then head NORTH!:thumbsup:
Well we get to Reno that looks pretty close....in perspective to where I am sitting right now!
Looks like you live in a great part of the country.

Look up Rodderfiles on you tube. Car shows every weekend in Vegas 7am to 10 am because of the heat. East side of town on Saturdays and West side of town on Sunday.I believe the schedule is on celebritycars.com
You will see everything from mild to wild.

Look up Rodderfiles on you tube. Car shows every weekend in Vegas 7am to 10 am because of the heat. East side of town on Saturdays and West side of town on Sunday.I believe the schedule is on celebritycars.com
You will see everything from mild to wild.
awesome thanks mate, that is perfect!

Splendid idea boys! Hope you have a max wonderful trip. You’re right you’re going to be spending some time in airports. Detroit is the actual birthplace of American muscle so glad you bending your trip a bit to accommodating that fine city. Be careful as always and good luck 9n the road!

Splendid idea boys! Hope you have a max wonderful trip. You’re right you’re going to be spending some time in airports. Detroit is the actual birthplace of American muscle so glad you bending your trip a bit to accommodating that fine city. Be careful as always and good luck 9n the road!
Thanks GetX'd,
Thanks for the well wishes, looking forward to it, we will try to get to Back to Bricks on Saturday if at all possible in Flint, We have some tix booked for Roadkill which will be cool too. Not sure what to expect here, so all of the above in Detroit might be impossible with traffic, but we will give it a crack!!

You guys should have an awesome time on this trip. When your group gets here for the Woodward Dream Cruise, where will you be hanging out at? Let me know, I'll buy a round for you and your mates:drinks:. Thursday and Friday that week we usually cruise Woodward. Saturday, we head up to Flint for Back to the Bricks show. Good travels and be safe.....

You guys should have an awesome time on this trip. When your group gets here for the Woodward Dream Cruise, where will you be hanging out at? Let me know, I'll buy a round for you and your mates:drinks:. Thursday and Friday that week we usually cruise Woodward. Saturday, we head up to Flint for Back to the Bricks show. Good travels and be safe.....
Hi hanks73340, I think we are staying on 11th street at royal Oak, heard there is a good Irish pub nearby on Woodward. Is Thursday/Friday better for Woodward? Do you do roadkill nights? Would be cool to catch up with some Mopar guys there.

That’s awesome! Have a great trip!

Hi hanks73340, I think we are staying on 11th street at royal Oak, heard there is a good Irish pub nearby on Woodward. Is Thursday/Friday better for Woodward? Do you do roadkill nights? Would be cool to catch up with some Mopar guys there.

You must be thinking about the Blarney Stone Pub which is on Woodward just north of 11 Mile Road. Been there a few times. Both Thursday and Friday will be very busy on Woodward from 8 Mile Rd to Pontiac. For me, Thursday is the day we go up to Woodward. Can meet your group at the Blarney that evening if your schedule allows it. I usually take Friday to clean up the car and check everything before going up to Flint for Back to the Bricks on Saturday. I do beleive that Roadkill Nights is scheduled for Aug 9 & 10, the week before the Dream Cruise. You guys need to check those dates for that event to make sure.

For any of you folks out there also from the Detroit area, lets try to get together with our friends from Down Under:thumbsup:
Either comment to this thread or PM me.

You must be thinking about the Blarney Stone Pub which is on Woodward just north of 11 Mile Road. Been there a few times. Both Thursday and Friday will be very busy on Woodward from 8 Mile Rd to Pontiac. For me, Thursday is the day we go up to Woodward. Can meet your group at the Blarney that evening if your schedule allows it. I usually take Friday to clean up the car and check everything before going up to Flint for Back to the Bricks on Saturday. I do beleive that Roadkill Nights is scheduled for Aug 9 & 10, the week before the Dream Cruise. You guys need to check those dates for that event to make sure.

For any of you folks out there also from the Detroit area, lets try to get together with our friends from Down Under:thumbsup:
Either comment to this thread or PM me.
Thanks again Hank,
That would be great to meet up I’ll talk to the guys and I am sure we can work that out, we get in around 1pm on the Thursday, thanks also for heads up on roadkill too. Talking with one of the guys here tonight we are keen to look at back to bricks on Saturday so I’m sure that will come up in convo at the Blarney Stone.

Going to be great thank you.

So much, so little time. Detroit/Dearborn: Henry Ford Museum. Vegas: Neon Museum.

Auto Transport Service
Back