• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble shoot variable speed wiper switch/unit?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
My 66 Hemi Satellite appears to have the correct variable speed wiper unit in place and I’m assuming the correct switch. The switch seems to have an off/park position, a low speed setting and then a long rotary area that I assume is the variable speed portion. I have off and the low speed but nothing beyond that. Is there a fairly easy way to troubleshoot this to determine if it’s the wiper unit or the switch at fault?

Get the FSM it is explained and fairly easy to understand.

Yes, I’ve read it but didn’t consider it “fairly easy” or quick test. Hoping someone might have a quicker check to point to the switch or motor. At least low speed and park work for now until I get more time to pull the switch out and run through all the continuity and ohm tests.

Yes, I’ve read it but didn’t consider it “fairly easy” or quick test. Hoping someone might have a quicker check to point to the switch or motor. At least low speed and park work for now until I get more time to pull the switch out and run through all the continuity and ohm tests.
There is no other way. You need to verify all the functions to fully determine what the problem is. If your read the instructions it is very straight forward. I make sure my test leads are the color of the wires being tested.

Auto Transport Service
Back