• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble Shooting For Leaks ???

multimopes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Years ago I had a B200 Dodge with a 360 in it. It was customized by a guy who was a car nut and cabinet maker too. He was quite meticulous about everything and kept a log book from day one when he bought it. I read through the book to reveal all sorts of interesting things I never heard of. I kept the book and added everything I did to it as well and it became a standard that I would use for all the vehicles I owned ever since.
Well, he described every little detail such as when he added (Wagon Wheel Mags) to it and one had a defective weld that had a small air leak, etc....
Well, long story short, He put an aluminum high rise manifold on it and headers, dual exhaust, etc. He had run into a problem with a vacuum leak or something and he routinely performed something he termed (Lean Fluff) on the engine for diagnostics. That is what I am asking here now. Exactly what the heck is it and what does it involve? Has anyone ever heard of this?
I hit my head the other day (again), lol, and this just popped in there from 25 years ago! A little help would be much appreciated. Damn I wish I still had that Van! :BangHead:

I admit, it does sound like either one of those. Reminds me of those old Saturday Night Live fake commercials. Kind a like new "Shimmer", It's a desert topping and also a floor wax! Who knows, I sure don't and I bet I have a lot of company over this one. I like to think of my beer belly as "Potential Energy", (energy at rest)...........lol

Auto Transport Service
Back