• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble with dumbasses at inline tube

400sforever

Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
ive Been screwed over for two weeks now trying to get the correct gas line for my 66 charger. I ordered a 66 gas line from inline so they sent me one. The new one is completely wrong at the rear axle area. Not even close. The tech at inline tube looked at my pictures of my original and told me it was a 67. I said he was full of crap. Now I'm getting the run around about whether or not they are going to make it right and ship me the correct line. Everyone is gone for the weekend there now. Anyone had any trouble with these geniuses before? They've screwed up on brake lines for this same 66 charger before too and I had to make them send the right ones . By the way my 66 charger is a 102,000 mile completely unmolesred original car.

Last edited:
Have you tried the 67 style?

I would if I can get it through inline tubes head that they are making the wrong line for a 66 charger! is a 67 line different than a 66? My 68 charger line is closer to what my 66 has. ive never seen the line they sent me before unless its for a 69 or 70 charger of which I do not have to look at.

line6601.jpg

what the heck line did these geniuses send me?

I have no love for Inline tube. They cost me three weekends of pain sending the wrong brake lines, and a nightmare of brake bleeding issues due to one off center flare.
I'll make my own lines from now on, or just sell the car than buy from InLine.

Yep, bought a 3/8 fuel line for the roadrunner and it was also wrong from the rear frame to the tank. I just bent it to work though. Not a fan

Geez that sucks. Maybe we should call them and jack them up more so they get the message.

They are 2 miles from me and they got my trans lines wrong for my 73 charger. Took them back and the kid still came out with the wrong ones and insisted they were the right ones. Got my money back and told them I won't be back. Had a friend with a shop make them for me.

Got all my brake lines and the fuel line from Right Stuff for my '69 Bee. Spot on ... on all brake lines and the fuel line 95%, just one bend made too soon where the line comes up the right frame rail to the pump connection hose that I easily fixed.

Thanks for the info on the other tube companies. I'm going to make the switch too

I've also had way better luck with Right Stuff products compared to Inline Tube. Much friendlier people too.

Just curious if there is an early and a late 66 fuel line?

I am not sticking up for them. I am just curious why they would have it so far off? Thats not even close enough to call a bad bending job.

I'm not sure on that. The inline tech stated that my line is from a 67, which it obviously is not, and that the line they sent me is correct for a 66 charger. Does anyone recognize the line they sent me?

I've used Right Stuff a number of times over the years. Never any problem.

Don't remember if it was Inline Tube or not. I think it was. Anyway, I saw on a website they had brake lines for a '75 D100. But, whether or not it was a short bed or long I could not determine. So I called. The guy said let me call the vendor (Inline) and find out. He called back later and said , " I could not make those dumba**es understand the difference between a long bed and short bed truck. I asked them long or short bed? The guy kept answering, ' yes,fits D100'. After about 5 minutes I gave up". I told him I would order the part and return it if it was wrong but, at $200.00 shipping, no way ! Made my own.

Auto Transport Service
Back