• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

truck transformation

moparsquid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
i have a 03 dodge quad cab 4.7 5 speed i was wondering does anyone make a kit to install a gen 3 hemi in replacement of the 4.7 and if anyone has done it can i see pics thanks

You probably need to find a donor truck which has the components you want. I think the bigger issue will be the electronics and making all that work. Putting a 5.7 into a newer vehicle designed for something else is definitely possible but you will need the full harness and ECU/s.

Holley is making kits for older Rams and Dak's now, some of the Dak stuff might work for you since they had 4.7's as well?

I have the engine and trans harness out of an 04 that I’m not going to use because I’m going to the Holley system. The only downside is that it’s Currently tuned for a 6.1 based 426 but I have the Diablo sport to go with it.

The Diablo is how it was tuned. It was a 5.7 ECM that was tuned by Johan for the 6.1. I’m going to the Holley system for other reasons including nitrous control.

Well I could be wrong, however the Diablo (I have 2 of them) are for tweaking what you have and while they call it a "tuner" it only transfers written tunes into the ECM. Basically it overlays or replaces the tune (program) on the ECU. The Holley (or many other actual programs) let you write specific tunes for the engine/vehicle, change fuel and spark at specific points, etc.

Exactly, Johan provided a written tune via email which was then uploaded to the ECM via the Diablo. It does not let you specifically manipulate engine parameters to tune it yourself. Any restomod or non stock application using a stock computer will have to be flashed in some respect.

Auto Transport Service
Back