• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk weatherstrip install?

Propwash

Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a quick pic or can explain how the trunk weatherstrip lays in on a '69 roadrunner?

The questions I have are; does the weatherstip along the gutters ride flush with the edges of them or does it overlap one way or the other?

The end seams...Is the start/stop of the seal in the center of the deck fill panel or the tail light panel?

Appreciate the help.

Seem should be at lowest point but not sure how it lays in. Interested to hear also.

Hello. Mine is a 68 but I think it goes on the same. I used the 3m adhesive and the gasket lays on top with a tail at each end of the gasket. I made several dry runs and held it on with wooden close pins along the whole way. I put tape on the car and the gasket and drew a pencil mark so you don't stretch or bunch up the rubber ( if you bunch the rubber the trunk will have a hard time closing ). I started down near the tail on the gasket ( you cut to fit the tail with seam near the bottom where lock is in the end ) down near the bottom corner of the trunk ( you can see where the gasket changes shape and work yourself up and around the car ( this is definitely a 2 person job ) . Hope this somewhat helps. I got my gasket from metro supersoft and it came with full instructions. The key is to dry run it several times. Let me know if I can further help. Good luck.

Attachments

• 100_2622.jpg
    100_2622.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,053
  • 100_2621.jpg
    100_2621.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,658
I did mine wrong at the bottom lip so here's what not to do :) it should have been down off the lip, but my seal had an inner edge hat fit around all the edges above so it seemed right to fit it on the edge on the bottom lip, but that's not correct but hey it works no leaks!

oh and use the 3m weather seal goop black woks great and off set your ends so they are not in the center.

IMAG0673.gif

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back