• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to price interior parts 67 satellite

Smokinnjokin

Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
I changed interiors in my 67 satellite and have a bunch of stuff in pearl white and very good condition. Eventually I will take photos and place it all for sale. Trying to figure out what reasonable prices are for used interior bits. 2-door rear seat covers, door panels are in good shape, discolored but very nice. The major item though are the seats, I have a set of 2 nearly perfect bucket seats, with the buddy seat, legendary covers, tracks rust free, completely pristine. What is a fair price? This is not a sale thread, I'm soliciting opinions on how to fairly price what I have, especially if I take them to a mopar swap meet.

What would YOU pay for them? That's how I price parts I am selling.I try to be fair to my customer and to myself. Some vendors price their wares like it's their retirement plan, and end up trucking the same parts from swap meet to swap meet.

end up trucking the same parts from swap meet to swap meet.
AND, leaving them in the rain.

There, I added a tidbit to your post lol.

To the OP, good seats and tracks are worth a good buck.... but a major pain to ship. Hopefully you can find them a good home and get yourself a dollar or two.

Im not a mopar trader, I only have this one car and will probably have it forever. So I don't have much frame of reference for what is a fair price vs gouging people. I searched for bucket seats sold on the forum and it seems like they are a fairly desirable item. A lot of beat up ones though. Hard to price a perfect set. They have never been outside (in the car our out of it). Stored in the garage under a cocoon of sheets.
Shipping will be a nightmare, I would probably just have to meet the perspective buyer. I did freight once for a sure grip pumpkin, IIRC it was very expensive.

I would love to have those instead of my straight bench but I need black.
I have never seen the buckets and that buddy seat............ anyone know if they were available in the 66-67 Coronet ?

Bucket seats were standard equipment in 1967 Coronet 500 and R/T. Either the console or the buddy seat were available as options. Same deal with Plymouth Satellite and GTX. Console was standard equipment in cars with bucket seats in 1966, however.

I'm the nutjob that took the buckets out and put in a bench. Something about a bench seat and auto, just like that feel.

good to know...............I have a bad back and i find the bench uncomfortable.
My wife is 5 ft tall and I am 6ft 2 ish so when she drives and moves the seat I am eating the dashboard

Im 6’00 and i barely fit with the bench seat all the way back. Buckets were a solid 2-3” lower and farther back.

Since your mailbox is full, I'll go public.

Just read your threads on white interior. Im a 40 year 67 X owner. I gather that you put in a bench seat and want to sell the buckets. All things I am reading between lines, I think you are making a major mistake. You may rationalize that you will never sell the car, BUT your car will eventually find a new owner. My bet, is that the next owner will discount the car 20% in price, by not having the correct buckets. Your sale now, will hurt the future. I doubt $2000 now will change your life.
Your seats look perfect, assuming your interior is still white. I'd unbolt the back from bottom, wrap in cloth and box both up and store them.
Think, out 20 years in future, where is one going to find seat cores? will Legendary even be making covers?
Sincerely

Thanks for the advice, makes good sense. However, i swapped the whole interior into red, and if i did ever have to sell the car, it would likely be for less than a third of what i have into it, because it is a restomod, not original anything, and i drive it quite a bit.
But point well taken with the buckets… i have considered just that, keeping them on ice in case I ever wanted to swap back.

Auto Transport Service
Back