• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to run new fuel lines but kinking

velrob

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Curious what I'm doing wrong

This is 3/8s fuel line. Using the attached tool. The lines kinks every time. Is it normal?

IMG_20190503_212953.jpg IMG_20190503_213001.jpg IMG_20190503_213030.jpg IMG_20190503_213014.jpg

Make sure the tubing fits tight in the groove and be careful and smooth in the bending. If the tubing is fully in the groove for the whole bend and still does that throw it in the trash. The one I use doesn't have the bending handle and fits really tight, nice bends everytime.

I agree if its a custom job. but for OE replacement?

upload_2019-5-3_20-20-35.png

upload_2019-5-3_20-16-13.png
Edit - I am assuming he is making the main fuel line.
Apologies if he is not.

Last edited:
Yea is the main fuel line I am running. I bought the fuel line already. This fuel line is supposed to be easier to bend but it's giving me trouble. The pipe does fit in the bender properly but it's still linking.

I have that same bender you posted. Should I get a better bender?

I'm in Canada so to ship that pre bent fuel line will cost more than the line itself.

Technique is the key like 747 said. I don't think the $60.00 Matco one I have is any better.

INLINE TUBE, INC.
15066 Technology Drive
Shelby Township, MI 48315

Only 320 kilometers from Toronto.

Last edited:
I just looked and the tube doesn't fit fullly half way through the bend. I'm bending smoothly.

Ive tried six times.

Can you take a picture of line in the bender set up to make a bend.

Totally agree. Get under the car and have at it with the pre-bent stuff. Worth the money to me
and in my case, the bends actually helped me to figure out how the line ran (since the original
was long gone).
These pre-bent jobbers actually fit surprisingly well.

It's the tool or the technique. I have a plastic version of that tool and can make perfect bends on coated or uncoated lines. Get a different tool. And when you flare the ends that coating stuff will come off so clean it well.

I've ordered a new tool

Imperial 470fh

I'll see how that one works out.

Its around 60f in my area is that to cold?

Dude, cut your losses, cancel that order, bite the bullet and buy the pre-bent stuff. your digging in deeper. I am all about DIY AND I am as cheap as they get but there is no way you can match the quality AND convenience of that product. you will thank me later.

HEY Inline Tube. you owe me.......Unwatch and out.....Thank you all.

Lol ya I think your right. But I need to run two lines. One goes to my vapor canister and the other goes to the tank.

Auto Transport Service
Back