• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TSA Airport Security changes

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
All of a sudden and without notice, iPads have to be in their own bin. Now, Snacks have to be out in the open. I thought I heard this at Orlando last week, but did not comply. I didn't want to dig out the Publix Hoagie (best in the Country) as it was cut into thirds. What's next, no empty water bottles? I'm not buying that overpriced food or drinks at the airport.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/85ee00...718040c07/ss_it-started-with-your-shoes,.html

I saw that and thought the same. I don't know why anybody would want to fly commercial? I'd much rather catch a Military hop.

You have to surrender all rights and liberties to fly nowadays.

Well not all of us were in the military and I can't drive the '68 to hawaii, so......
(And sailing is NOT an option!)
You wanna get cross-country in a matter of hours you gotta deal with their rules oh well

The TSA changes their procedures weekly. It's hard to keep up. I avoid flying like the plague..........and I fly for free.

Or get TSA pre check. Best $75-80 bucks I even spent.

I’m flying right now and brought chocolate back for the wife, keep my shoes on, no fondling of the groin, breezed right through.

I retired from my high-travel job back in January and can't imagine the next time that I have to get on an airplane. Good riddance!

I like my groin fondled once in a while - but I also retired from my high travel job a few years ago and I tell you it’s gotten difficult to get me on a plane anymore. I love to go to different places - I just can’t hardly stand getting on a plane to get there.

Between the hassles of getting to Logan, get there two hours early, TSA lines, etc, I've come to hate flying. Got time to spare, travel by air. It's all hurry up and wait.

tumblr_pjcg9ft5OF1tw1yvro1_500.jpg

Yeah, security at airport sucks.
Whats the alternative?
How would some have dealt with restrictions back in the forties?
Were still at war, forces out there are still a real threat.
There are enough nuts still getting on planes, God forbid one with a weapon.

This is why we decided to buy an RV and travel around this country. For 25 years I walked thru many major airports in the world with a pistol under my arm, now, I am a criminal until proven innocent. I will do minimal air travel from now on.
BTW, I absolutely agree with obtaining a TSA Pre-Check known travelers number! It cuts out at least SOME of the inconvenience!

And yet, many of our pols want illegals with no id's to just hop the fence and be welcomed with open arms.

The contrasts in how Americans vs illegals are treated is striking.

Did quite a bit of traveling when I was much younger then the military made me travel some more. Also did some long distance until 76 and haven't been on a commercial flying bus since! Love to fly but give me the private puddle jumpers instead.

They were doing the iPad and snack thing at LAX this past August. I am TSA Pre-Check. However, my company laptop (computer) was examined and scrutinized for more than 5+++ minutes by TSA. They thanked me for my patience. :rolleyes:

SJC to MCO direct today. Southwest. A26! We will see. No TSA approved lock this time. Last 2 times it arrived with no lock.

SJC to MCO direct today. Southwest. A26! We will see. No TSA approved lock this time. Last 2 times it arrived with no lock.

You do love playing with loaded guns at the airport, don't you? Good Luck

The pb+j sandwich had to come out today, and she spotted a business card in my shirt pocket. **** the $7 hot dogs, I’m cheap.

Auto Transport Service
Back