• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Exhaust Systems... anyone have any experience?

Av8rleo

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with TTI headers and or exhaust systems? Any issues with warping or anything like that? Getting ready to build a motor for a 1979 Chrysler Cordoba. Taking a 360 block 30 over, high lift cam, etc. Trying to talk my uncle into putting headers and 3" exhaust on it.

TIA

493 PUMP GAS STUMP PULLER ,TTI HEADERS ARE GREAT. 440-200 POLISHED /CERAMIC ONE 3" TTI X-PIPE SYSTEM WITH DYNOMAX SUPER TURBO MUFFLERS.THING I DID WAS HAVE THE MUFFLER SHOP WELD UP THE SYSTEM TO GET RID OF ALL THE CLAMPS AND FLANGE THE X- PIPE(MID-PIPE) SO WHEN I HAVE TO PULL THE TRANNY I DON'T HAVE TO DISTURB THE MUFFLERS AND TAIL PIPES

TTI.jpg TTI 2.jpg

Last edited:
YOU COULD GO WITH THERE 1 5/8" X 2 1/2 COLLECTOR SHORTY GOOD FOR 200-450 HP RATED

I put TTI 2.5 inch factory style pipes on my 66.

For now I only have manifold to axle, but fit and quality was real good.

I have Hookers with TTI adapters and 3" exhaust over the diff to the cut-outs on my Cuda. Everything fit nice even with the offset springs. Installed myself in the garage.
I have TTI headers and 3" exhaust over diff on the Belvedere. Again, everything fit nice. A little snug with the inboard springs but we made it work. Again, installed myself.
We put a complete TTI 3" exhaust system on a buddy's 67 hemi Coronet and it seemed to need some massaging of the header tubes to get everything to fit. In hindsight, if he had been a little more patient within the tight confines of the engine compartment the massaging may not have been required.

Been running TTI 2" headers and this TTI 3" full exh system on my 63 for 5 years now with zero problems as it worked great. Ron

412367700.jpg

493 PUMP GAS STUMP PULLER ,TTI HEADERS ARE GREAT. 440-200 POLISHED /CERAMIC ONE 3" TTI X-PIPE SYSTEM WITH DYNOMAX SUPER TURBO MUFFLERS.THING I DID WAS HAVE THE MUFFLER SHOP WELD UP THE SYSTEM TO GET RID OF ALL THE CLAMPS AND FLANGE THE X- PIPE(MID-PIPE) SO WHEN I HAVE TO PULL THE TRANNY I DON'T HAVE TO DISTURB THE MUFFLERS AND TAIL PIPES

View attachment 332678 View attachment 332680

Which finish is that on the headers? How's it looking now?

THEY LOOK GOOD SO FAR . ITS ALMOST A YEAR SINCE INSTALL ON NEW MOTOR, JUST GOT TO HIT THEM WITH A LITTLE MOTHERS ONCE IN A WILL, AND DON'T USE THEM FOR MOTOR BREAK IN, IT COUND DAMAGES THE FINISH AROUND THE PRIMARY TUBES AT THE EXHAUST PORTS IT ALSO VOIDS THE WARRANT

AAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

Pictures of TTI exhaust on a 79 300.Iron manifolds

IMG_2117.jpg IMG_2118.jpg IMG_2116.jpg

Coated and Ceramic here. Had them on for about 8 years. Good fit, no problems. $1000 to the door - just the headers. Buy from a vendor here on FBBO, not direct unless at a Show with discount.

Forgot to mention that the "Kick out" of the pipe on the passenger side of the 300 makes it easy to R&R the oil filter.

If the car is a stock single exhaust setup odds are you will need to replace the fuel tank. My car has the single exhaust tank in it. I have a TTI exhaust system that is going on it along with a new dual exhaust fuel tank.

So against my better recommendations my uncle ordered and installed Hooker headers and low and behold they are leaking...

Check out the picture below, notice the holes below the exhaust ports on the stock manifolds? I'm guessing that has something to do with emission stuff. The new headers do not have those holes and we can see burn "witness" marks on the gaskets that we pulled out to replace the gaskets that correspond with those holes.

Any suggestions?

Stock Cordoba Manifolds.PNG

(RB Block)my TTi headers (now 5 or6 yrs old) ....used NO gaskets, just Use a very thin layer of High-Temp Silicone Sealer. (see fit below)they sealed up beautifully!
Vito 4-01-13 (2).JPG

BTW,#(RB block)I also had Hooker, (also B body ) they kept leaking so I cut the "bar" holding the tubes together...then they sealed up....

Auto Transport Service
Back