• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tti header question

derush

Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
so i have a set of tti 5.7 hc headers these are discontinued , does anyone know why these where discontinued ? i do see that these have round ports on the flange ,was there a year the 5.7 cam with round exhaust ports? or will these round ports seat to the rectangle port on the head , just dont seam like it will very well ,please let me know your thoughts, thanks in advance , ed

My guess would be that they did not work well. The engineer at TTI TOLD me personally that he could not get a set of headers to flow well on a CAR 5.7 into my 70 GTX because the bend(s) were too tight getting around the starter motor. The stater is on the opposite side on a truck motor so I don't know about that ,however, I imagine similar problems on the driver side due to power steering chunk and steering column issues.
Just my opinion.

they have tti57 hc stamped into them , i have never heard of a round flange hole for a rectangle port in the head ??? thanks all

On my Polara 500, TTI headers fit perfectly but I was using a truck engine.

i to am using a truck engine , the whole round port thing has me scratching my head, ed

i to am using a truck engine , the whole round port thing has me scratching my head, ed
As long as the round port on the headers is bigger than the port on the head there should be no problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back