• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Rust

matthon

Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
Bought/installed in July 2018, showing rust 5 months later. Rust on the tubes, not even in the joints.
2 year warranty on coating, have to pack up and pay shipping there and back.

TTI doesn't even coat their own headers.
No guarantees Engineered Applications will re-coat them.

I won't be removing and sending back.
Not pleased.

20181230_161444.jpg 20181230_161501.jpg

not cool

didn't know they made poly headers

thats bull for what they charge for them.

Rusting on the tubes. there's no excuse....thats poor prep from the vendor.....

I didn't know they used an outside source to coat them......

I didn't realize it either, never saw info on who coated them, never thought to look.

YEAR LIMITED CERAMIC COATING WARRANTY by Engineered Applications L.L.C. In the event of an alleged defect in the coating; peeling, chipping, flaking or rusting, complete a “Coating Warranty Return Form” and return it along with parts to: Engineered Applications. Proof of Purchase required! (Invoice or Packing List) Final determination of warranty is subject to receipt and inspection of parts by EA. EA will not accept liability for products that have been damaged caused by abuse, neglect, accident, improper installation, shows evidence of insulating wrap products or show evidence of adverse conditions such as; High heat temperatures encountered during engine break-in. Note: Engineered Applications sole responsibility is strictly to strip-off existing coating, recoat and return it back to you. EA will not warranty any labor related costs.

Screenshot_20181230-200753.jpg

I didn't realize it either, never saw info on who coated them, never thought to look.

YEAR LIMITED CERAMIC COATING WARRANTY by Engineered Applications L.L.C. In the event of an alleged defect in the coating; peeling, chipping, flaking or rusting, complete a “Coating Warranty Return Form” and return it along with parts to: Engineered Applications. Proof of Purchase required! (Invoice or Packing List) Final determination of warranty is subject to receipt and inspection of parts by EA. EA will not accept liability for products that have been damaged caused by abuse, neglect, accident, improper installation, shows evidence of insulating wrap products or show evidence of adverse conditions such as; High heat temperatures encountered during engine break-in. Note: Engineered Applications sole responsibility is strictly to strip-off existing coating, recoat and return it back to you. EA will not warranty any labor related costs.

View attachment 698005
What a joke.....They should have wrote, "your chances are better playing the lottery."

I wouldnt even waste my time sending them in, Polish it up with some never dull you’d be surprised how much rust it will take off.

10 year old polished ceramic here. Outside, but easy life in mild climate. Some rust early on, but they are still intact. Slammmed and ground in a number of high speed compression hits.

Not a show car, so I will buy them again for weight savings, coating to keep cool, and ease of fit. Expensive yes.

Ceramic coated, polished TTi headers. South Louisiana swamps 3 years+. No visible rust. Occasionally drive my car, maybe 2,000 miles or less/yr.

Ya think polished makes a difference?
Or is it just polished crap?

I think I'll call them tomorrow.

Hey TTI, why don't you send me new headers and I'll put these rusty ones in the box and mail them back to you so you can deal with the company you chose to take your really nice, well made headers, and put their crappy coating on and make you look bad because you keep using their services even though you know the results?
Huh, why don't we do that?
Or I can order my complete exhaust for my next car from someone else who doesn't give a damn about their customers!

BTW, I will not warranty any labor related costs either when I have to take my time to remove and replace headers a second time, dammit!

Those are not fun to change, the only ones you can get for a poly though.

HOLY MOLY TTI!!

I just received a reply and I couldn't be happier.
To clarify, I was professional and I didn't ask for a warranty, new headers, only information. In fact, I stated I wouldn't send them back because it was to much trouble.

Wow, restored my faith.

We apologize for the header coating defect and for the inconvenience this will cause. We have sent a new set of headers to our coaters for ceramic coating and they will be adding a thermal barrier inside for additional protection. We estimate them to be back and ready to ship within 2-3 weeks. Upon our arrival of the newly coated headers, we will ship them to you via UPS. Attached to the outside of the box will be a pouch with a prepaid UPS return label, documents & instructions for the return of the defective headers.

You never know what you might get if you don't try. Glad it worked out. Now the question is, are you going to do the grunt work to R&R them, or just flip the new ones, take the money and run and deal with the old as they are? Good Luck

Gladly swap them, no waiting, no boxing up, no shipping fees.
It'll probably be butt cold out when they get here though.

Asked a follow-up on re-using gaskets, if I have to order new just want to do it now because my local parts store won't have poly exhaust gaskets, just the header to head gaskets.
I think I'd buy my groceries, gas, and everything else from them if I could:

We will be sending you new header bolts, header gaskets, 3” collector gaskets & the reducer mounting hardware. You will not have to reuse anything other than the 3 x 2.5 x 9” long aluminized reducers.

You getting the whole kit and caboodle kit, good job!

That is a perfect illustration of why instead of badmouthing:mad: :mob:and ASSUMING that you are screwed, you should have started out by contacting them and giving them an opportunity to take care of the problem. But once you say or do something , you can't take it back. I am sure that there is more to the story on your rust problem that we don't know about. Warranty conditions are printed by all manufacturers. Not to screw their customers but to inform them. Most manufacturers of any type of product require that the product be returned for possible warranty. It just makes sense that the product needs to be inspected to find out what and/or how the product failed. This helps them to assure that this problem does not happen to someone else in the future. I say send them a Thank you card.:thankyou: They are a dedicated Mopar only supplier of superior quality products and are made in the USA.:usflag:

I didn't bad mouth them, I initially stated I wasn't pleased that they outsource their coatings, and kept it short and simple.

I didn't assume anything, just looking for feedback from the group, which is the purpose of the forum.

I don't think anyone badmouthed them here.

The next thing I stated was I would contact them about their "really nice, well made headers" and how outsourcing the coating was making them look bad. Sounds like I was concerned about their good reputation to me.

That's the exact feedback I gave them, in a well thought out professional manner.

Of course, I took some liberty in my imaginary, comical, scenario were I contact them, however that is where I included how highly I thought of their product and my said concern for their reputation.

My main reason for contacting them was to ask questions, provide warranted, valid, detailed feedback, and make sure it didn't happen again to anyone else.

I gave them plenty of time to respond, and provided an accurate description of the outcome and how pleased I am.

I sent them a thank you, and asked if I could re-use my old gaskets, and if not, could I please buy some new ones to be shipped now or later.

Then I posted the outcome of that interaction.

This IS NOT A PERFECT ILLUSTRATION of badmouthing and believing you're screwed.

This is a perfect illustration of someone who voiced a concern to seek opinions of others with the same experiences, contacted the company based on that to assist the company in protecting it's excellent product and reputation, asked for very little, received a great deal, and shared that experience to ensure others can also benefit, and that they know TTI has an excellent product as well as excellent customer service and follow up.

Auto Transport Service
Back