• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tti shorties 440 roadrunner starter?

Bobby Sixkiller

Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I’m going to get tti shorties for my 73 runner. 440 727. I see on tti website they say to use power master starter. Are they the same as a mopar mini starter? Or do I have to go powermaster? They also said Rob mc starter would fit. Thank you. Help greatly appreciated

I have the Schumacher Tri-Y headers and use the Mopar mini-starter on the 440 in my Fury. No problems at all.

Sixkiller, Both the Schumacher and the TTI shorty's are great headers and I have used both.Very easy to install. I recommend getting their down pipes of who ever you chose. It will make hooking up the rest of the exhaust easy.

If you would post some pictures of them when you get them installed. I'm running Hooker Super Comps and love them except they hang to low, every full length header I look at seams to be the same so I may make the switch to a shorter header as well.

I forgot to say any of the mini starters will work such as a 2000 Dodge Dakota V6 or V8

Ok so I ended up getting headman shorty headers for a b body. They fit pretty good. Clear the manual box good. Mini starter will swap easily. A bit tight to the center link but still clears. The Schumacher company only had a set of coated headers for 850. None in raw steel and didn’t know if they would make any more.

Auto Transport Service
Back