• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTIs exhaust with Dynomax turbos, opinions please.

69 GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on mufflers. I'm going to order the TTI 3" header back kit with H pipe. They offer the Dynomax Superflow turbo mufflers. Is anyone running these and how do you like them. I'd like my exhaust to be more on the quiet side. No drone & be able to hear the engine/radio over the exhaust from inside. If the Superflows are to load I'll order without mufflers. Thanks for your input guys. Oh it's on a 440+6 (590 hp) with TTI 1 7/8 headers.

Last edited:
I have this TTI/Dynomax combo on my 505 Hemi. It was so quiet I had to add Doug's electric cutouts.

I think it's perfect. So does everyone who hears them.

A close frind of mine has the TTI headers and complete exhaust system on a stroked wedge.He didn't like it because it was TOO QUIET!,,,,,,,,,lol

If you mean Dynomax® Super Turbo, they are excellent flowing mufflers that are relatively quiet (compared to straight through design mufflers) and will not give you drone.

Dynomax website is excellent and you can listen to their muffler range - http://www.dynomax.com/sounds-of-dynomax/?muffler=super-turbo-muffler

I have a pair of 2.5" super turbos on mine and they have a nice rumble at idle, a very subdued cruise note with no drone and a restrained but glorious note when on the loud pedal. I chose these mufflers as I didn't want it too loud either.

From your description, I'd say you would be pleased with them.

I have their 3" system and Dynomax mufflers on my '67 Charger. Personally, I would prefer it to be even quieter (so would my neighbors), but I doubt you'll get much quieter without restricting the exhaust too much. Others have said it's too quiet, or just right. No one has ever said it was overly loud.

Look into Magnaflow mufflers. They are nice and quiet until you ROMP on the skinny pedal, then they get a little loud. Their mufflers are pretty much a huge glasspack muffler. I have a 2.5in x pipe with their 18inch mufflers and I think its perfect. No drone either.

Have 3" TTI and Dynomax VT mufflers on my 572 Hemi.
Sound quite enough for cruising.
But if you step on the loud pedal is't a whole different story.
Love it.

I'm trying to decide on mufflers. I'm going to order the TTI 3" header back kit with H pipe. They offer the Dynomax Superflow turbo mufflers. Is anyone running these and how do you like them. I'd like my exhaust to be more on the quiet side. No drone & be able to hear the engine/radio over the exhaust from inside. If the Superflows are to load I'll order without mufflers. Thanks for your input guys. Oh it's on a 440+6 with TTI 1 7/8 headers.

I have the exact same setup as you are considering on a 70 roadrunner, minus the 440-6. I have a few exhaust vids I can try to upload here. I think it sounds really good and relatively quiet. If you want good performance and good sound I say go for it. Any of them you should consider sound deadening in the cabin, you will get noise through the floorpan no matter what you choose.

i have 2" tti headers, 3" tti pipes, and the 3" dyno max mufflers. perfect fit and sound.

here's mine. LOVE it. quiet when cruising around, and LOUD when you stomp on it. somewhat of a drone @ 55mph, but then again, I have a 3.91 rear end

[video=youtube;3kq2K1-6y_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kq2K1-6y_4[/video]

Too quiet and restrictive. I lost a ton of bottom end. I wasted no time swapping them out for the dynomax ultra Flo welded. Much better sound and got all my power back.

20151207_091742-1.jpgI dig the sound, nice and quiet . That is until I use my cutouts. Ha ha. then she's uncapped . I'm running 2 1/2 with X pipe . Love TTI. they make it so easy to install in my 63 Ply. Spt. Fury Vert.

In my humble opinion.... if you really want to hear the engine & radio, then you need some "stock" mufflers (like Walker). I'm not sure what's out there in a 3" though...maybe something off a truck? Anyway, I've run turbo mufflers & cherry bombs & Flowmaster for years, but then I got my hearing checked recently and guess what? I've lost 30% of my hearing in the "cool muffler sound" range. So, I decided to give up the 10 horsepower and save my ears. If you miss the lost horsepower, then just add a 2nd stage of nitrous :headbang:

Look into Magnaflow mufflers. They are nice and quiet until you ROMP on the skinny pedal, then they get a little loud. Their mufflers are pretty much a huge glasspack muffler. I have a 2.5in x pipe with their 18inch mufflers and I think its perfect. No drone either.
x2

I've got the TTI H-pipe setup with UltraFlos if you are wanting quiet do not go with those. I do have a slight drone at about 35 - 40 until it shifts into 3rd but damn it sounds good. On the bright note my daughter only lasts about 15 minutes in the car until she falls asleep so if you've got a baby that can't sleep get the UltraFlos it'll lull them right to bed.

My engine is a relatively mild 440. I tried them first and swapped them for the Ultra Flos. No drone on either muffler.

I think if you have a stock 440 6-pack engine (not a 500 HP monster) then the Super Turbos will be what you're looking for.

My engine is a relatively mild 440. I tried them first and swapped them for the Ultra Flos. No drone on either muffler.

I think if you have a stock 440 6-pack engine (not a 500 HP monster) then the Super Turbos will be what you're looking for.

We are well beyond the 500 HP Monster here!!

Auto Transport Service
Back