1. mech440

mech440 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

My Photo Garage
    Local Time:
    2:44 AM
    Soooo... The question I have that I'd appreciate help with is I finally got the 6.4L all tucked into the 66 belvedere and it actually starts!! Yay!! Now the question is tuning.. I used the Mopar 392 hemi crate eng wiring and PCM kit , bigger throttle body and comp cams 274 cam.. So for it sounds like a beast, I'm sure the open headers help that,,,LMAO
    But I'm looking for a tuner and tune to work with this set up, I called Diablo a few months ago and was told they have nothing for this and recently contacted Hemifever and received answer from sean that he didn't have a tune. Can anyone point me in the direction of what tuner will work or even if a tuner will work?? Thanks in advance!!

Bob

2. 1967coronet440

1967coronet440 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Josh at high horse performance, he did an email tune for my srt Charger. You can also try modern muscle extreme or johan aka diablotoona you’ll have to find him on social media though

3. mech440

My Photo Garage
    Local Time:

Thanks.. I'll reach out to them and see what hey have to say.

Not sure if buying the Mopar kit was a mistake or not.. I'll post whatever I find.

Anyone else use the mopar kit????

4. 1967coronet440

1967coronet440 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I don’t see why they couldn’t send you a tuned pcm or send yours in to have a tube written.

The 6.4’s with a cam are NASTY!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bobzilla

Bobzilla Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      3:44 AM
      When they write or modify a tune for the factory PCM, it already has a complete factory tune loaded, and they just modify what they need to get your setup working. Those factory PCMs all have a VIN stored in them, and they have individual serial numbers as well.
      If the Mopar crate PCM was setup by FCA without a VIN, to make it a standalone and make it ignore the security systems it normally would have, then you can't load a common "canned tune" on top of that existing standalone file.
      Also, if Mopar used the newer PCM as a base for that standalone, it would probably need the internal mods that cause you buy a new PCM before a tune for something like a 2016 model year Challenger, or whichever.
      If all else fails, sell the standalone setup and use a Bigstuff 3 or Megasquirt, or one of the others available. Those allow full adjustability.

• mech440

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      Update as to where I'm at...

So in talking to Diablo their handheld will not work.. something about unique boot loader?( little over my head), possibly if I send them my PCM.. but no guarantee?!?
      Sean at hemi fever said they dont have a tune for this set up ...
      Waiting to hear back from HP tuners...
      Looks like I might be kinda screwed...
      Any Ideas guys???
      Thanks in advance.

• Road Runnin'

Road Runnin' New Member

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      3:44 AM
      Any luck with HP Tuners?