• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal Flasher with In-Line Fuse -- for LEDs maybe?

I just discovered the same inline fuse to the turn signal flasher on my original dash harness ('70 Super Bee). Seemingly the same uniquely looking fuse holder as in your picture. I have had the car since the mid-80s so I know that LED bulbs do not play into the picture. I plan to move it over to my new M&H harness just because.

Oh, and the flasher is factory original, correct date code, so I am guessing that the pigtail is also factory original.
So there is another! Thanks. I put mine back in place but did update to led flasher and polarity switch plug.

Well... Since archangel almost knew the correct answer.... I guess I'll confirm it... The factory installed that fuse holder....
stuff .jpg

So since we've solved all of this, do we need to tell M&H to include this in their harness? That's what made me start this whole thread! :) I got the under-dash harness from them and it was not included.

Do we know if all cars received them back in the day or just a sub-set and if so what models/years? My guess is that it is not easily answered. I think that it would have bearing on whether or not M&H was interesting in repoing them.

I am only familiar with the '70 Coronet/Charger wiring wherein the turn signal flasher's power does not route through the main fuse block at least as far as I can tell reading the FSM schematics. Hence the need for a separate fuse pigtail.

My 74 just get one fuse on fuse box which protects several functions… both flashers on mine are fused, hazards on same brakes network ( and some other ), and turnings with Radio and some other acc. Althought is true 71/74 gets more fuse provisions on fuse box than previous years. As archangel mentioned, that could be the reason for that holder.

I know this is an older thread, but I just found the same thing under my dash connected to my turn signal flasher. I thought it looked an awful lot like an original part, but couldn't figure out why it was even there. I removed it, but should I put it back in now?

PXL_20230528_005052521.jpg

Every 70 b- body I have had apart has this in-line fuse holder.Definetly factory,don't know why though.

Auto Transport Service
Back