• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal switch

I know you said you wanted original but I just bought a reproduction (OER) from summit and it has worked very well so far for me. The only thing I am not a fan of is that it doesn't have that metal insert where the turn signal lever screw goes into. I am curious to know if that will last in the long term or will end up cracking. It's the same one moparmarks listed.

I have seen complaints on the reproduction ones with people who use thier cars more than just occasionally. Some with wiring issues and the plastic T/S cams breaking. I have an Nos one $175 plus shipping. Rate of exchange and shipping to Canada is not great.. Pm if interested.

@71dodgechargerrt Tom, I'd grab the one Quickbpbp has if it's correct for your '71. That's a good deal for an NOS switch. I went through this on mine and pulling the wheel twice to do it right isn't worth the "savings" of buying repro crap. The only other I know that may have what you want is AMS Obsolete amsnos.com

first 71 half production need to trim out the hazzard know as far I recall ( specially those equipped with the courtesy light option ). The ones available are the later production with the bigger knob switch

Thanks everyone, the one on my car now only cancels for the left signal. I have to change the ignition switch so I was thinking of changing the turn signal at the same time. I have a spare here but don't know its condition as its in a column. Thanks for tips Wayne. Nacho did I did not know there were two different ones so must be two part numbers. I will check my book. QuickBpBp your message box is full.

The NOS switches are out there and really range in price. I just bought one on eBay for my 74 and it was only $40. Search for the part number if you have it.

if is juts a problem about the cancelling system, replacements are avaliable for the canceling cam. It must have got the canceling tab for that side

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-70-71-72-73-74-Challenger-Turn-Signal-Switch-Cancel-Cam-/362261880185

and yes... there is differences since half of the 71 production. This makes a diff collar and ignition light courtesy setup. Of course they are diff PN, but the earliers is virtually imposible to find ( on a decent price at least ).

this is the earlier:
dscn0179-jpg.jpg

collar and courtesy light with that knob

image015.jpg

with another difference between E and B body
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTlf88NDXtZC_nspjR3ptsqaPbb_F0uqFivj4Ac_Jumd1LELJKQ.jpg

this is the later ( all pull out to turn on )
001.jpg

Collars difference side by side

5281394-onleft70flasherswitchhousing-onright71andlater.jpg

here, lates assembly with the ign courtsey light. Knob is noticeable thicker, and courtesy light totally diff.

HazardSwitch.jpg

How it looks when no cortesy light plug filler is included which is visible on a previous pic

5281399-71andlaterhazardswitch.jpg

Last edited:
The NOS switches are out there and really range in price. I just bought one on eBay for my 74 and it was only $40. Search for the part number if you have it.
those on that price are really a generic replacement part, not really NOS

Thanks Nacho, I had to go look I do not have the light. I will check my spare later as its up on a shelve. I mabe able to just use the cam off it.

Well the one on my car has no light and the spare does. Do the cams inter change?

Thanks everyone, the one on my car now only cancels for the left signal. I have to change the ignition switch so I was thinking of changing the turn signal at the same time. I have a spare here but don't know its condition as its in a column. Thanks for tips Wayne. Nacho did I did not know there were two different ones so must be two part numbers. I will check my book. QuickBpBp your message box is full.

Made some room for you...

those on that price are really a generic replacement part, not really NOS
I'm confident it's not generic. I bought it from a reputable seller. It has the Chrysler logo in the plastic and all the correct colored wires. Also has some age to it, but has not been used. And, doesn't have that bright yellow cam that so many of the aftermarket have!

I'm confident it's not generic. I bought it from a reputable seller. It has the Chrysler logo in the plastic and all the correct colored wires. Also has some age to it, but has not been used. And, doesn't have that bright yellow cam that so many of the aftermarket have!

Roller tip for horn ? Or plain stud? I know MP made some new replacements quite ago which included the cornering light feature, and these are with a plain brass stud like the replacements instead the roller tip for the horn ring down the PN 4293102.

I guess it was made somehow generic replacement for all models then you will or will not use the cornering light harness. I can also see a weird and diff holding bracket with prongs on pic. I guess some laters needed some ground provision?

04293102.png

The original PN for this with the cornering light feature was 3488805, while without the cornering light feature is 3488804, both with roller tip of course. Can't recall PNs for 70/71s ( earliers 71s )

I got my NOS 3488804 switch on $40 or so too on ebay, but that was maybe 10 years ago LOL. The regular price back then on ebay for a NOS one it was around $60-80

Well the one on my car has no light and the spare does. Do the cams inter change?

Cams interchange. Switch is the same all around but just the knob shape between earliers and laters. However I think you are not really understanding the deal.

The spare you posted gets the light and is visibly a laters one.

The earliers also can get the light just is a diff design for light and knob. On the pic I posted, the small silver piece down the knob for the hazzard is the light. Which is this:

7958169-70ao1keylight.jpg

However the full laters assembly could fit on earliers easily just trimming out the knob if interferes with the collar &/or light if equipped.

Honestly I wouldn't destroy an original switch just for a cam having replacement cams available. Sure the replacement parts are a lotery, but for the price worths the try at least. Sure some local parts shops could have it in stock.

Last edited:
Thanks Nacho! I was wondering why it didn't have the roller tip. I'm just happy it's a quality looking unit. Do you know how old these are?

I think they floated on 8-10 years ago???? Maybe a bit more. They got a lot of superseded numbers ( also mixed with diff setups ) and that's the last one. So is not really a NOS part on what the NOS parts really are or really means. But they seem not to be available anymore. YearOne still have it listed but with a delay on the order though. Not on $40 sure! LOL.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back