• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal switch

Longknife

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
I need a turn signal switch for my "69 RR. I have read a lot on here and there seems to be a lot of repop crap out there, Can any one verify which one is the best (or least crappy?). I am considering one from Dan Stern but his does not have the lane change feature,,, I read how to modify one to make it work that way though.....Thanks, Ed

To me the ones Dan sells are of the highest quality.
When buying always look for the "Wheel" on the horn contact.
The cheaper ones that have the pin contact needs di-electric grease to keep them from squealing.
That eventually wears off and the noise comes back.They also don't like cold weather.I put one in a Valiant and when cold it snaps very loud. I was afraid it was going to break the tangs off.
Did not know about the lane change modification.I have a 63 column that I will be using soon I will try that.

I need a turn signal switch for my "69 RR. I have read a lot on here and there seems to be a lot of repop crap out there, Can any one verify which one is the best (or least crappy?). I am considering one from Dan Stern but his does not have the lane change feature,,, I read how to modify one to make it work that way though.....Thanks, Ed

the change line feature began on 70 as far I know. Totally diff turning switch from earliers years

@Slantsixdan , your inbox in full. I too need a turn signal mechanism. 1967 Coronet.
As for the above comments on lane change feature, mine is original and before it broke last week, I could partially press it up or down and felt a small resistance where it would signal for lane changes while being held. Is this what you are referring to as lane change feature?

The lane change feature was a mid 68 year thing. Dan's switches are probably the best reproduction ones, but the wire colors are funky and they do not have the lane change feature, which I really like. I ended up buying 3 nos switches on ebay. Expensive, but they work and look like they should.

No lane change feature on @Slantsixdan switches. Colors are similar. The green and tracers are slightly different. Not a big deal.
Try searching Daniel Stern lighting and see if he has any switches in stock.

No lane change feature on @Slantsixdan switches. Colors are similar. The green and tracers are slightly different. Not a big deal.
Try searching Daniel Stern lighting and see if he has any switches in stock.
Problem with the wire colors on mine was that both greens and both browns were the same shade and you couldn't differentiate them. He was going to talk to the manufacturer about getting that straightened out. Dan is active on FABO more than here so the OP could try reaching out to him over there.

I haven't bought a turn signal switch in a long time, but I would contact Dan Stern as mentioned. I checked his webpage: https://www.danielsternlighting.com/

The only question is in the photo the switch is shown with packard 65 terminals? For '69, I think the connector is a Molex type or something like that?

Got mine from Laysons they're a vender member here.

Auto Transport Service
Back