• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signals work from radio fuse?

Dibbons

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
On a '72 SSP anyone know which fuse supplies power to the turn signal flasher. Reinstalled my dash toSy and don't have any turn signals. Thank you.

The third fuse down on the left (labeled hazard) is the turn signal flasher and the bottom fuse on the right (labeled radio) is the turn signal indicator.

This was an issue that drove me damn near bat-**** crazy a couple of years ago on my 74 Roadrunner. My turn signals worked fine until I pulled the old radio out, then nothing. Every wiring diagram I looked at showed there was no correlation between the radio power and the turn signals, but I knew the failure wasn't a coincidence.

I found a write up on another forum that said you have to splice two wires for the radio together, and voila! I had turn signals again.

...and if you turn on the flashers, a turn signal, the radio and the wipers.....

The wipers and radio flash with the flasher!

At least on mid 60's cars.

...and if you turn on the flashers, a turn signal, the radio and the wipers.....

The wipers and radio flash with the flasher!

At least on mid 60's cars.
Hahahaha, funny, I was going to mention this, but you already did, we got similar results we didn't get the radio flashing, but we would get a heartbeat sound on the radio speaker synchronized with the flasher on my parents 68 satellite.

The third fuse down on the left (labeled hazard) is the turn signal flasher and the bottom fuse on the right (labeled radio) is the turn signal indicator.

I don't get what you meant.

Left fuses row is batt source and right fuses row is acc source ( but the top ones what are not linked to buss bars, one is Run circuit and the other one is dimmer lighting circuit ). Hazzards are batt and Radio is acc. Turn signals "indicator" is the flasher itself, but not the hazzard flasher

The definitive answer is YES, RADIO SHARES SAME FUSE THAN TURN SIGNAL FLASHER.

In fact, the flasher source is spliced from the Radio plug... or is the other way around, can't recall, LOL

Last edited:
Yes, the turn signals share power from the radio power supply circuit via “radio” fuse. And if the radio power connector in the dash harness is cut off, or if the red with trace and black wires at that single terminal somehow become separated, they will have to be reconnected to restore turn signal function.

Yes, if the turn signal switch is left in a turn position while the key is off, activating the four-way flasher will back-feed to the accessory circuit on these cars as well.

I don't get what you meant.

Left fuses row is batt source and right fuses row is acc source ( but the top ones what are not linked to buss bars, one is Run circuit and the other one is dimmer lighting circuit ). Hazzards are batt and Radio is acc. Turn signals "indicator" is the flasher itself, but not the hazzard flasher

The definitive answer is YES, RADIO SHARES SAME FUSE THAN TURN SIGNAL FLASHER.

In fact, the flasher source is spliced from the Radio plug... or is the other way around, can't recall, LOL

I was referring to what the service manual for a 72 satellite says each fuse supplies. The fuse he was asking about is the bottom fuse on the right. That's what I was trying to get at. I may have been muddled in my writing.

Turn signals work now after replacing the radio fuse, thank you. (Mopar does some weird things with respect to the fuse block).

I was referring to what the service manual for a 72 satellite says each fuse supplies. The fuse he was asking about is the bottom fuse on the right. That's what I was trying to get at. I may have been muddled in my writing.

cool, yes sounded weird because you mix the hazzard fuse with the turn signal flasher on same statement. Hazzard fuse drives hazzard flasher, allong with brake lights, but not turnings flasher

cool, yes sounded weird because you mix the hazzard fuse with the turn signal flasher on same statement. Hazzard fuse drives hazzard flasher, allong with brake lights, but not turnings flasher
But your front turn signals and your turn signal light indicators in the dash do flash when your hazards are on. I assume that's why they are listed under hazard fuse. I probably should have left out "the third fuse down on left" completely. It was about 1 a.m. just after work when I replied. I was tired. :)

Ha ha! I found the hazard/turn signal trick when I was 15 on Dad's 70 Challenger.

Auto Transport Service
Back