• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two front windshield clips

mpro69rr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Does anyone have a picture or can tell me how the below pictured front clips go on the front windshield when installing?

Front window clips.jpeg

The rounded no hole end slips into the lower windshield molding. The ends with the holes get screwed into the A pillar behind the upper part of the door.

The rounded no hole end slips into the lower windshield molding. The ends with the holes get screwed into the A pillar behind the upper part of the door.

Nope, can't figure it out, I think I need a picture. Do they screw in the lower windshield or the A pillar? Which molding does it go into front or A Pillar? I use to know how they go, but age is getting the best of me! lol

Ok when you install the lower chrome it will sort of go around the lower part of the pillar. The portion that hangs over and around the pillar is where those go the rounded end will fit inside the lower moldings. The screw hole side should go towards the door. I don’t have them on the roadrunner or I would show you a picture.

Ok when you install the lower chrome it will sort of go around the lower part of the pillar. The portion that hangs over and around the pillar is where those go the rounded end will fit inside the lower moldings. The screw hole side should go towards the door. I don’t have them on the roadrunner or I would show you a picture.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Do you really need these on or can I leave them off?

Is this how they go?

Resized_20210709_183119.jpeg

Resized_20210709_183129.jpeg

Yes the end goes inside the lower trim. And holds it down from flopping. Sorry I didn't have anything to show you but you got it. I didnt have them when I did the Roadrunner. They are there I assume to keep the chrome from popping up there on the end. If you got em I'd use them. But you don't have to if you don't want to.

Yes the end goes inside the lower trim. And holds it down from flopping. Sorry I didn't have anything to show you but you got it. I didnt have them when I did the Roadrunner. They are there I assume to keep the chrome from popping up there on the end. If you got em I'd use them. But you don't have to if you don't want to.

I took the trim and put it in place, I understand how it goes now! Thanks, I really appreciate it! Just add this to the many many times this forum has helped me!

Auto Transport Service
Back