• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two-Hour Window

Dibbons

Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
As a young adult, I most willingly and agreeably worked in the hot summer sun (and if not working, enjoyed basking in the same sun during outdoors recreation activities).

These days, I arise about 7:00 AM, and after coffee and taking care of personal needs it's already about 8:00 AM. Then I venture outside to walk the dog, work in the garden, or maybe charge the battery in one of the three classic Mopars on site. Before I know it, it's already 10:00 AM and if the ambient temperature is 80° or above, I immediately retire indoors for the rest of the day. Above that temperature, I have no motivation mentally or stamina physically to fight the heat. At 66 years old, I feel beaten and more wimp than ever. And the "summer" weather in the desert here endures for about half the calendar year.

Just trying to say, not getting much done around here anymore.

sweaty.jpeg

I feel your pain, it's been over 100 degrees here almost every day these past months. "If it isn't done before noon, it isn't getting done" is my motto for outdoor work this summer .

I'd take 80-something degrees anyday, compared to bone chilling 20-something degrees. Anyway, use your 2-hour window for your enjoyment, just don't go out for a 3-hour tour.

Just don't think about it. I tell myself: I'll do it until I can't and I won't worry about how much I got done.

Night before last, I was so engrossed with building a veggie planter from a barrel, I lasted until 8pm. It was still 99 degrees. Luckily there was cloud cover so I wasn't in the Sun.

Hell move north, midwest right now is pretty hot. We are at 100 today.
But what goes up must come down lol, Dec, Jan , Feb
Around here is pretty refreshing.

......consecutive 100 plus degree days, 66 and counting. Made me feel like crap being out in it.

Same here. Was 99 yesterday and the day before but got my yard work done. 80% of my place is in the shade for about 1/2 the day or so and got it done. Of course it takes me 2 days and sometimes more. Being 71 doesn't help....

I listen to an oldies station for background noise and I wish they wouldn't tell me the temperature. It only cooled to 75 last night, but I was just fine this morning until they said it was 93

Finally got a decent rain and the temp fell to 79....and only got up to 90 before that. Been fairly cloudy all day. Bout time!

I listen to an oldies station for background noise and I wish they wouldn't tell me the temperature. It only cooled to 75 last night, but I was just fine this morning until they said it was 93
Doing good here lately if the temp goes anywhere below 80 at night.

Auto Transport Service
Back