• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tyres - Found 2 Im looking at, need imput please.

G-man

Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
Here are the 2 I was thinking of.

Picture 1 = Mickey Thompson S/R:

Part Number: MTT-6642
Tire Size: 29.00 x 15.00-15
Rim Diameter (in): 15 in.
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Tire Construction: Radial
Directional: Yes
Tire Diameter (in): 29.00 in.
Section Width (in): 15.00 in.
Tread Width (in): 13.00 in.
Minimum Recommended Rim Width (in): 10.00 in.
Maximum Recommended Rim Width (in): 13.00 in.
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: No
DOT-Approved: Yes
Tube Required: No

Picture 2 = Mickey Thompson ET:

Part Number: MTT-3757R
Tire Size: 325/50-15
Rim Diameter (in): 15 in.
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Tire Construction: Radial
Directional: Yes
Tire Diameter (in): 28.00 in.
Section Width (in): 13.00 in.
Tread Width (in): 11.00 in.
Minimum Recommended Rim Width (in): 9.00 in.
Maximum Recommended Rim Width (in): 12.00 in.
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: No
DOT-Approved: Yes
Tube Required: No
Tire Compound: R2

Extreme traction on the strip, drives you home on the street.
Mickey Thompson's legendary race tire technology comes to the street with these all-new ET Street Radial tires. Built using the latest in high-tech radial construction techniques and years of drag racing experience in compound development, these DOT approved, street legal drag radials will get your car down the track in record time and still provide you with an excellent ride on the way home. Other important features include reduced rolling resistance, a low-void directional tread pattern for maximum dry-weather traction, and polyester ply/steel belted construction for long lasting strength and durability.

-----------------------------------------------------

Q: Which one of these 2 wheels will offer better traction?
A: ?

Q:Are the ET Radials (2nd pic) useable on the street when it rains?

Q:How long would the tread last on the ET Radials compare to the S/R Radials?

Q:Whats the max Speed rating on them 2 if anyone knows?

Q:Which 1 of the 2 will have more "rolling resistance" which ends up bad (worse) for mileage + cruising? (Other important features include reduced rolling resistance ET Radials pic 2) - would they still resist more than the S/R?

Q: What does the "polyester ply/steel belted" mean?

Just after tyres that will give the best traction and useable on the street, dry or rain. I plan to cruise with the car mainly but would like the traction there when needed... hence I was thinking more width rather then a skinny slick which obviously will be better but not good for street.

Thanks

SR.jpg

ET.jpg

View attachment 330117

The fast answer is the second one won't be worth squat in the rain. The first one looks like it would be MUCH better due to the tread pattern. I used to have a Porsche that I raced, and still drove on the street with Yokohama A-008's on it. Scary fast when dry. JUST scary when wet. So as far as I'm concerned, the rest of your questions don't need answering. Better wet traction could SAVE your car.

ET Streets are a DRAG RACING tire. They only have any tread at akll on them to make them street legal so that racers can drive their cars to the track instead of towing them. Unless you drag race, you don't want these

I used to drive on my ProTrac's all the time. Course I probably didn't drive but 3-4000 miles a year

Auto Transport Service
Back