• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tyson vs Jaws

hammond472

Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
IPSIxjNS_400x400.jpg

I just saw the add. I wonder who will bite first!

I really enjoyed watching him fight when Cus D'Amato was his trainer. The guy didn't just see Mike as a money making opportunity. He actually cared about his fighters enough to mentor them. Once Don King stepped into the picture everything whet to hell.

I literally bumped into Iron Mike years ago at an Italian restaurant on Main Street in Catskill. I was with my parents and he with his, Cus and his wife. They came in after us and were seated at the next table, Mike and I were back to back. Mom saw him but didn't know who he was, Dad did too but was polite, as always. I didn't even know he was there. I carelessly slid my chair back when leaving and banged square into his chair! I began apologizing even before I was fully standing only to realize who i had slammed in to. This had to be in '84 just before he went pro. I was 20 so he must have still been in his late teens. Probably a good thing (for me) that he wasn't associated with Don King yet or I might have left with a few less teeth!?

Lets see if this rings any bells?
007 373 5963.

And even if Tyson wins, the shark will just somehow comeback and go to the Bahamas, and hunt his family down.
(jaws 4:the revenge reference)

Last edited:
Hammond472 you got it!!!!!

I was in 2nd grade, and my buddy Seth told me that code at recess, and because I had no pen and paper, I spent 30 mins repeating that number over and over again, until I got back to class so I could write it down.
But by that time, I had made sure I will never forget it!!!

Tyson Vs Jaws, when it comes to 80's Nintendo games, I have to go with Iron Mike!!!

Early I his career Tyson was an inspiration to a lot of kids who were brought up in low income families. He started out as a juvenile delinquent but with Cus D'Amat teaching him discipline, determination and the value of hard work he became the heavy weight champion of the world. It gave us kids hope. It really was difficult watching his career fall apart. Most of us would drop dead if we tried to do his daily workout. 200 situps, 50 dips, 50 pushups, and 50 shrugs with 60lbs of weight 10 times a day 6 days a week. I know I couldn't do it in my prime.

I live in same county as him when he was training with Cus.
IMO:Had Iron Mike, had Cus around for a few more years, he would have turned out 100% different.
I think Cus's passing, left him open to the wrong influence, and he was way to young and immature to realize that at the time.

Early I his career Tyson was an inspiration to a lot of kids who were brought up in low income families. He started out as a juvenile delinquent but with Cus D'Amat teaching him discipline, determination and the value of hard work he became the heavy weight champion of the world. It gave us kids hope. It really was difficult watching his career fall apart. Most of us would drop dead if we tried to do his daily workout. 200 situps, 50 dips, 50 pushups, and 50 shrugs with 60lbs of weight 10 times a day 6 days a week. I know I couldn't do it in my prime.

That reminds me of basic training!

I live in same county as him when he was training with Cus.
IMO:Had Iron Mike, had Cus around for a few more years, he would have turned out 100% different.
I think Cus's passing, left him open to the wrong influence, and he was way to young and immature to realize that at the time.
I agree. I think Kevin Rooney did all that he could to hold it together but he just wasn't as strong an influence as Cus. Mike seemed to hold on for a while but once the boys in the hood got inside his head it was all over. I remember wondering if he ever struggled with the notion that his mom had to witness his (personal) demise? Professionally he was a rocket but was it worth the cost over the years?

BTW .... who else liked him in
"The Hangover"?
I thought he did an awesome job!

Mike Tyson, on the YES network show "Center Stage" is a very good watch.

Have you been hiding under a rock? lol Ads have been all over the TV channels.....
I hadn't turned on the TV for over a week. All of the negativity was really taking a toll on me and I needed a break from it. I have been helping those in need and trying to plant some seeds of hope. I talked to a neighbor kid last week about helping the elderly. Today I stopped by one of the houses I take care of and the lady told me that the kid told her he was going to the grocery store and asked if there was anything that she needed. It made my day seeing the seed grow. I'm trying to remind people that we have more in common and to remember to look out for the elderly and those less fortunate. I figured it would be better to be part of the solution. It saddens me seeing people so divided but seeing and hearing others random acts of kindness puts a smile on my face. Thanks to all who help for doing their part and to everyone else I urge you to step up and lend a hand. We have our differences but in reality we are all in this together.

I have the DVR set

Mike Tyson fights were the worst $$$ spent on PPV
some lasted only seconds :lol:

I saw every one of them...
I usually rooted against Tyson too
bad move, the Hollyfeild fight, set it over the top
but I never really liked the guy anyway
he was just another Thug, when in the ring
a great aggressive boxer/knock out hitter,
but still just an out of control Thug
(maybe the stint in prison got to him)

he's softened & is a much better man today