• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UN-Friggin Believable

44070dart

Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
My father passed some time ago. I had to go through his papers afterwards and came across a envelope from a letter that my grandmother had sent him from Italy where she lived. I had wrote to her over the years but she passed a few years after my father, and I no longer had her address. I recently came across that old envelope with her return address and used google earth to see if anything came up...

It was like I was standing in front of the house my father grew up in until 1931. They all came over, but my grandparents and aunts returned to Italy a year later to this same house, but my father stayed here. I went down the street and found their church. Just amazing.

We are planning on going to Italy with eight cousins of mine in the spring of 2020 when a few more retire. We're going for a couple weeks, or maybe more as we have family here that have a home in Italy that we can use, so we may stay longer. I want to see Rome and put my hands on the Colosseum, and see so much more. We have family there that we have never seen, it will be great to be with them.

This world for as stupid as it can be sometimes, can be just as incredible sometimes. Grandma's been gone a long time but the house still stands, although there isn't any family in it as my cousins live in the city now. Take a look at #18 G d'annunzio in Santo Stefano, Campobasso, Italy. :)

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.612...4!1sVP8X2mEz1nAtJy9GzuKZcg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Last edited:
Wow. How about seeing if you can contact the current owners of that house & explain the history? Maybe you could offer to take them out to dinner on day during your trip? They let you see your grandma's house, you make some new friends + they probably know the best restaurants in the area. Why not?

The "boonies" in Italy look nice. I'll bet that's a hunter's paradise.

I love the road. You can understand why people drive small cars there!

The last time I was at the Colosseum, they had a rough time getting this guy out......
upload_2019-3-16_16-37-1.png

That picture is bullshit. :bananadance:

You are correct Greg...those rifles are not period. :D
Notice the rifle on the left is bent at the end of the barrel....good ole Hollywood props. One of the few claymation sci-fi movies of the 50's/60's. I think kern dog liked it:D

Wow. How about seeing if you can contact the current owners of that house & explain the history? Maybe you could offer to take them out to dinner on day during your trip? They let you see your grandma's house, you make some new friends + they probably know the best restaurants in the area. Why not?

Yeah, when we go I'll be sure to go there. It's just outside of the city of Campobasso where my relatives live now, and where we will be staying. My father is buried in the village cemetery as he passed away in Italy during a visit. He was terminal and wished to visit his mother and sisters one last time. Looking forward to seeing the house and the church in the village and visiting my fathers burial site. It's amazing to move down the roads and travel around the village with google earth.

Auto Transport Service
Back