• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unidentified Under Dash Light

grubby65

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
This light was under the dash of my 1964 Dodge Polara just kind of laying there. Can someone help me identify it? By looking at the wiring diagram it looks like it should be the "Heater Vacuum Switch Light". What is that?
Under Dash light.jpg

I have the same one, on my 64, but not plugged in, yet. Was thinking glovebox light?

That's the whole reason for owning a 64 and older Mopar !

You know, I forgot they lit up! Been working on this '62 too long. The pushbuttons don't light up on them. Solid black plastic. :(

What model 62? My 62 4dr Belvedere has the translucent pushbuttons.

What model 62? My 62 4dr Belvedere has the translucent pushbuttons.

Polara 500. The bar at the top of the buttons are illuminated.
20170630_001936.jpg

I guess the fancier Plymouths had the translucent buttons. :lol:

I always had the idea that the big Chryslers started those. Learn something new everyday!

Polara 500. The bar at the top of the buttons are illuminated.
View attachment 499746

I guess the fancier Plymouths had the translucent buttons. :lol:

I always had the idea that the big Chryslers started those. Learn something new everyday!

That is a pretty neat setup as is, at least you can see it at night. My 69 Ply had zero illumination for the heater controls so I added a 1970 factory light bar.
20160106_191619.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back