• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

United States Air Force Academy Graduation

SteveSS

Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
It's that time of year when the Thunderbirds fly close over my house. They are practicing today. Even saw a B1B! I saw a cadet in his dress uniform at the grocery trying to get a few last minute things. I asked if they still put money in their caps when they throw them in the air? He said they did. Kids at the stadium run down and grab a cap. I gave him a $20 and said congratulations, You should have seen the look on his face.

We used to sponsor cadets It's hard to get into the USAFA, even harder to graduate. they have my respect.
usafa2.jpg

Yup, them fly boys, I have a lot of respect for!

My oldest bother is an Air Force veteran ( Vietnam era). He was just a mechanic but was always in love with planes. They wouldn't let him fly because he didn't have 20/20 vision. So when he got out, he took private lessons and became a commercial pilot. He was Cessna's top salesman for many years. He took me to see the Thunderbirds once when I was young. It amazed me what those guys do !!!

Used to live in Colorado Springs and had a great view of the academy off my back deck. Also went to many of their football games. Loved watching them run the wishbone thru Notre Dames legs and beat them often back in the day. Loved to take visitors to the academy and especially church on Sundays. Great traditions there.

That's so cool, I remeber seeing them when I lived in the Springs and it was awesome!
I know its not the real deal just yet but but we ( my daughter) just had her AFJROTC awards banquet and I could not stop thinking and hoping that maybe some day!!!
She received 19 award ribbons, one medal and lettered. She also made Commander of Support Squadron which was the position she had applied for. Outside of a few senior class cadets she took home the most awards and shes only a sophmore, I was a very proud dad to say the least!!! She will be attending CLC ( Cadet Leadership Camp) for her 2nd year this summer. Its ran by the UH AFROTC. drill instructors and definitely gives them a little more of the real boot camp experience. The pic is of her and my dad who was also very proud!
I could not imagine the pride of the parents for the cadets graduating from any branch.
Would also give me a reason to move back to Colorado for a while if she made it!!!!

20180511_214157.jpg

That's so cool, I remeber seeing them when I lived in the Springs and it was awesome!
I know its not the real deal just yet but but we ( my daughter) just had her AFJROTC awards banquet and I could not stop thinking and hoping that maybe some day!!!
She received 19 award ribbons, one medal and lettered. She also made Commander of Support Squadron which was the position she had applied for. Outside of a few senior class cadets she took home the most awards and shes only a sophmore, I was a very proud dad to say the least!!! She will be attending CLC ( Cadet Leadership Camp) for her 2nd year this summer. Its ran by the UH AFROTC. drill instructors and definitely gives them a little more of the real boot camp experience. The pic is of her and my dad who was also very proud!
I could not imagine the pride of the parents for the cadets graduating from any branch.
Would also give me a reason to move back to Colorado for a while if she made it!!!!

View attachment 608872

Congrats!! You have good reason to be proud !!

Get friendly with your congressman. Be in top physical form. Perform community volunteerism. Region helps too. Doesn't really matter which region.

BTW the USAFA has a great local progressive rock radio station. Not even one commercial. Ii'm 61 and a conservative but I like progressive rock. Go figure.

Ya I've told her she needs to start making contact with Brady even though I can't stand the guy!

I cannot even put into words ALL of the value my 25+ years as an Aircrew member delivered. Having worked side by side with many Academy graduates, I have nothing but major respect for their accomplishment and their outstanding leadership.

Auto Transport Service
Back