• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal wiring harness from Jegs

SimDog

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I bought this universal wiring harness from Jegs mainly due to cost. It was regular $299. I got a 10% discount and free shipping! :bananadance:

Thoughts?

IMG_20180403_185107.jpg

That’s a lot of wire! The one thing I hate about cars is wiring lol

I am actually looking forward to it! I must have a screw loose somewhere :realcrazy:
In all reality it’s not bad but It just gets a bit overwhelming for me looking at all the wires I guess.

take your time doing it and good luck. walk away when you need to. Been there and done that.

I used a universal harness and wired my Charger, beats the hell out of the original mess! Take advantage of the opportunity to make the changes you'd like to see, in my case I upraded to readily available switches and neatened it up a lot. Are your wires clearly labeled? The only things I ran into was adapting the column to their connector which was easy since they supplied the matching connector then the wiper harness. The wipers on our Mopars are quite different from others so an OEM switch and the wiring needs to remain the same you just feed it from the new harness. Take lots of time figuring out how you want it routed and buy a good W crimper for open barrel crimps.

I used a universal harness and wired my Charger, beats the hell out of the original mess! Take advantage of the opportunity to make the changes you'd like to see, in my case I upraded to readily available switches and neatened it up a lot. Are your wires clearly labeled? The only things I ran into was adapting the column to their connector which was easy since they supplied the matching connector then the wiper harness. The wipers on our Mopars are quite different from others so an OEM switch and the wiring needs to remain the same you just feed it from the new harness. Take lots of time figuring out how you want it routed and buy a good W crimper for open barrel crimps.

Great advice! I have an original column, but I also have a chrome aftermarket one I might use. From what I can tell everything looks to be labeled very clearly.

Last edited:
Personally I think you would have benefitted from the M&H harness from Year One or the American Autowire Classic Update harness. These kits come with all new connectors already attached ready to plug in. The Jeg's kit looks to either reuse you old stuff or have you buy additional new ones. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back