• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on the rescue of the 1966 Dodge D100 Step Side V8 4 speed pickup

Bart K

69 Coronet more door.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
I did look for a place to post a non B Body project, but did not find one. I know there is one for non Mopar projects, but this is a Mopar If I have posted in the wrong place, please move as required. You have my apologies in advance! Everyone says please include photos, so I will do you one better, please check out my videos below.

This truck has a 318 poly engine a 4 speed that I need to do research on later today and a 3:91 posi rear end. As far as I know, all these components are original.

Third update that shows the start up attempt:

Second update:

First update on the rescue:

This was the original video where I rescued the truck:

Last edited:
Well, obviously I missed that. I have no idea how to move a thread, so I will see about contacting a moderator. Thanks for the info, and glad you like the truck!
It's not on this site, it's a site for trucks only.

Thanks for the videos. We need to have you over for a cook out soon.

Don't move the thread. I like it.

Nice truck, surprised it’s not a slant 6 being its an ex-forest service truck.

My parents had a 66 D200 camper special 2x when we were kids. Poly and a/t. Bouncy ride until we loaded it up with firewood. Always dug how Dodge did the hoods so they could be vertical when open.

I'm jealous! That is a great looking and clean truck...I have always wanted one. I like how Carl rolls in a white dress shirt while wrenching. He needs a bow tie and sewn on name patch :)

3.91 gears were very common in the early pickups and is where I picked many from the pick and pull salvage yards over the years.....and as far as I'm concerned, it's in the right forum but yeah, there is another associated site for trucks only. If you look at the bottom of the page, you'll find 'Our Other Sites' listed.

3.91 gears were very common in the early pickups and is where I picked many from the pick and pull salvage yards over the years.....and as far as I'm concerned, it's in the right forum but yeah, there is another associated site for trucks only. If you look at the bottom of the page, you'll find 'Our Other Sites' listed.
Looks like I should have read all the posts before commenting! Thanks Cranky!

Thanks for the videos. We need to have you over for a cook out soon.
I have another one Bill, I actually got it started and drove it!

The old 1966 Dodge D100 Stepside V8 4 speed pickup lives again!

I'm jealous! That is a great looking and clean truck...I have always wanted one. I like how Carl rolls in a white dress shirt while wrenching. He needs a bow tie and sewn on name patch :)
Thanks threewood. The truck has some issues for sure, but overall, I am pretty happy with it. It seems like it is pretty rare being a 318/4speed/stepside. Most were /6 auto/fleet side from what research I have done so far. I did verify that this should be a V8 truck according to the VIN. I cannot swear that it is the original 318, but I would be willing to bet that it is.

My parents had a 66 D200 camper special 2x when we were kids. Poly and a/t. Bouncy ride until we loaded it up with firewood. Always dug how Dodge did the hoods so they could be vertical when open.
I cannot tell you how much I like that vertical hood!!! No banging the head or need to remove the hood.....a really nice feature!

Nice truck, surprised it’s not a slant 6 being its an ex-forest service truck.
The forest service thing is not fact, but it is what the previous owner told me. He bought it at an auction in Colorado several years back. Honest to God, I was not looking for another vehicle, my wife is already not happy with the 3 cars I had already, but once I saw this rig just sitting in this parking lot rotting, I had to do something!

Auto Transport Service
Back