• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

update

steve from staten island

Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
i didnt know if i should post this but rather then letting some of you know whom I'm very good friends with individually,i thought easier to do it this way. As some know six years ago my wife was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer which there still not 100% sure it started but know it was in the abdomen area. Now understand 4 is just a number,yes its serious but not the death sentence it once was. Basically it means the cancer has metasized to other areas. In my wife case thats what happened but it never went to her liver or pancreas for example. It did spread to her ovaries but that was luckily not the primary site.
So now 6 years and chemo plus two operations,twice yearly cat scans weve been told they see two "small" areas one on the liver and one on the stomach. The diagnosis agreed to is they want them out and some abdominal chemo.
The problem with multiple surgeries is it gets to a point they cant operate anymore. To much scaring and things like that. I was told there is some kind of standard they use it goes 1 to 30 a rating on the ability to operate. 30 being no good and 1 being great. My wife is in mid single digits so thats excellent for her. The advantage of surgery if there is one.would be the surgeon can look for other trouble spots that might not show up a scan. We were told chemo alone might shrink the tumors but will not completely eradicate them. Also there might come a time when surgery is not a viable option then chemo would be the way to go
So she is looking at #6 time at abdominal surgery and that in itself is scary. The recovery time in hospital is around a week and at home i don't expect she will be able to do much until Thanksgiving.
Im a little bummed out as i know whats coming down the road but you do what you have to do. The surgery is set for early September,so were going to do some stuff like vacation in the next four weeks.
So thats the story and i appreciate the prayers and thoughts. Some of you guys especially the ones i met have been terrific and not to embarrass the guy but Steve aka snakeoil24 has been one of the best,the guy is a real friend,whose been there and back and knows the deal.
So not looking for any sympathy as my wife is actually one of the luckier ones but hey,a if you got a in with the big guy upstairs, put a few good words in for her. Thanks

You and your family certainly have my thoughts and prayers. You and I do not know each other personally, but I have recently been through a similar situation with a good friend who got bladder cancer. He did the chemo, then while recovering from that, he and his wife went on vacation to Disneyland and Palm Desert. I drove 500 miles to visit them in Palm Desert while they were that close. He had the bladder removed and a stoma installed and now he is planning to return to work this coming Monday.

I am sorry you and your wife are having to go through this, but she sounds like a fighter which is important in fighting cancer. I truly wish you all the best....enjoy that upcoming vacation!!!

Keeping y'all in our prayers Steve, and we'll put her on the prayer list.
God bless.

Steve,

Praying for your wife, you, and the rest of your family during this difficult time. If there is an upside to this, her numbers seem to be really good from how you were describing it.

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me! I mean that!

Now get off of here and relax with your wife. This place should be the last of your concerns.

I can't imagine what you guys are going through, my prayers are with you and your wife.

Hi Steve you don't know me but I wish you and your wife the very best we will keep her in our prayers god bless your family

Steve- Wish your wife a speedy recovery. Saying prayers for her here. Hang in there.

With all the thoughts and prayers and today's technology, she should get through this. Keep positive thoughts and we'll keep praying. You guys are not in this by yourselves. We're here for you!

My thoughts and Prayers for your wife and family. Cancer is a tough one, no doubt. My oldest has beaten cancer twice now.

My thoughts and Prayers for your wife and family. Cancer is a tough one, no doubt. My oldest has beaten cancer twice now.
steve,keep the faith,i will send prayers up for you and wife and i know blessings will come down.

Steve - I remember you posting about your wife's cancer issue in the past. I know it's been a tough road - cancer always is. I've several friends that have beaten the bad guy several times. It comes with consistent prayer and top notch medical care. You and your wife are on the family's prayer list. I don't know if we have an "in" but we certainly have a voice in our relationship with Christ. Stay strong and do enjoy your vacation.

Steve you most certainly have our prayers. 2 years ago on this very day my best friend called and told me he wasn't going to survive his cancer.It is a tough fight and it is survivable. Our thoughts are with you

Steve, I can relate to what you are going through and be assured your wife is in our thoughts and prayers. It's a hell of a mountain to climb and you are more than halfway to the top, keep going.....God bless you and your family and tell your wife there are a lot of people here, even though you don't know us personally, that are praying for her full recovery, because you are a friend, regardless of whatever heated discussions we may engage in, it's all friendly!

I have special prayers I use at special times for special people... and I will do so now for your wife.

Thoughts a prayers, going out for your wife and family.

Steve, no question that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. She's beat that crap so far and she'll continue to do it! Stay motivated! We're here with you!

Auto Transport Service
Back