• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upgraded Spintron engine testing

Curiousyellow71

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
Upgraded Spintron...Cool video on next level engine building technology. Amazing the valve train noise sounds like the engine is doing a dyno pull...but it's not running.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff. The first time watching a vid was quite a few years ago and they weren't going into any details of what they were looking for or were looking at......and yeah, the noise it made was a bit shocking. And I liked the Evel Kenevil analogy lol

Thank you Bob Fox, he established Trend Performance in 88 and Spintron in the early 90's and perfected the 1-pc. pushrod. Racing hasn't been the same since. I use his p/rods and lifters and will say I my valve train is a lot better than the other brands I've used over the years.

Very interesting. For us average mortals way beyond what we could afford. The benefit though is seen as the large suppliers learn what works. Most of this knowledge can be applied across the board. My stuff is relatively low RPM. Even though most the parts are of old design (7-10 years) I can see that they were already figuring stuff out. The valve train package from Comp (cam), lifters (Isky), Rockers (T&D), pushrods (Trend), springs and retainers (Pac), valves (Manley), cam drive (Jessel) all work flawlessly. Not unusual in this day. Until you consider mine is a steel 2.25" valve at .800" lift all the way to 7500 rpm (285@ .050"). The last time it was apart all looked new. The cam, valves, rockers have over 600 passes, the lifters over 400 passes. The springs were replaced at 200 passes. However I later tested them and they had lost no pressure. This time I'll check them at 300 passes. It's nice to have the confidence that this stuff stays together run after run. 20 years ago you'd have broken stuff everywhere at this level.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back