• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper ball joints

wagonman

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
How do you screwup a ball joint? Well you reverse engineer it in China thats how. Same upper that has been used from like 62 to the mid 70s. I should know better. Pics are the OEM, China junk and O Reillys. Got a case opened with the Bay.

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

What's the problem? I'm sure it will fit perfectly, as long as its in the trunk.:lol:

Heat it up enough I’m sure it’ll pour right into place…

Just replaced my uppers with Moog balljoints. Passenger side went as expected. New ball joint went in tight but seated completely and torqued to 125ftlbs. Drivers side, the new ball joint went in too easy. When it bottomed out and I tried torquing it would break free and strip. Put the old one back in and it seated and torqued up fine. Repeated twice with the same result. The new joint had 5 threads while the old had 7. I didn’t pull the other new one to compare at that point but I believe the one new joint is defective…

Sounded to me like he was just sharing yet another example of poor quality parts to be on the lookout for.

Man I love this site. You all are so eager to help. Absolutely awesome you all are.

Looks like it won't fit in the ball joint socket, looks too big.

I just put a set of Moog uppers and lowers in my 67 Coronet , no issues or complaints

So ya need a metric socket, drag your dinosaur *** into the 21st century man !!

Canada has embraced the metric system but the old system is still extensively used. In my business it presents a dilemma. Customers will order material in inches, 1/8, 1/4, etc. but some materials are metric sizes so I have to inform them of that and get approval. The flip side is all new mechanical drawings have dimensions in metric ... but most of my machining suppliers still work in inches, so I have to convert all the drawings.

Auto Transport Service
Back