• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper clutch linkage rod ?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
The upper clutch rod has a kink at about the 1/3 point in length. In my car the short straight length is under the dash and the long length end is attached to the z-bar. The rod runs on the inside (right) edge of the firewall hole and is rough on boots. A friend with a 69 Roadrunner bought a new upper rod to install in his car and asked me which end goes where. That led to me looking at mine.

Now I’m wondering if my rod is upside down and the short straight should be attached to the z-bar - which I think would kick it over to the left a little more at the firewall, giving better clearance. We’ve studied FSMs and a 69 assembly manual without success.

Any one know the correct orientation of the upper rod? Or is it pretty much just whatever seems to fit and clear the best?

Thanks

Does this help at all? If not, I can go grab a pic from under my hood.

Clutch.jpg

im not sure photos will help much. The short straight is attached to the pedal and the long straight attaches to the z-bar. The under dash photo perspective and cut off at the firewall sort of give the impression it’s the other way around but the short length is at top. You can see how close it’s running to the inside of the firewall opening.

6F720E87-69D9-479C-9E5E-1D6B10CD7034.jpeg
A9F855A9-B65C-4A49-AE17-FBA2AB031F20.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back