• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper control arm question

73Charger383

Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys i rarely post on here but i was wondering if you guys could help me with an issue with the upper control arms. I know this question might sound weird but is it possible to use a 72 style upper control arm on a 73 car by pressing out the bushings and installing the shaft and new bushings. I hope you guys get what im saying. ive had an issue where my ball joint stripped out and i ended up welding it and now i need to get a new one. I was wondering if the specs would be the same between the two arms even thought theyre different style. Thanks.

Hey guys i rarely post on here but i was wondering if you guys could help me with an issue with the upper control arms. I know this question might sound weird but is it possible to use a 72 style upper control arm on a 73 car by pressing out the bushings and installing the shaft and new bushings. I hope you guys get what im saying. ive had an issue where my ball joint stripped out and i ended up welding it and now i need to get a new one. I was wondering if the specs would be the same between the two arms even thought theyre different style. Thanks.
Tell ya what, I’ll save you the trouble, I have a set of 73 B body uppers, they will need cleaned up but appear to be useable. Yours free, just pay shipping.

FB4E633A-1B61-4F7F-94BE-7F3DC640A954.jpeg 42D59FB8-B60E-419A-8C6C-81C9E920F780.jpeg

The answer to the original question is
N O.

Yes, that is very generous. Those 73-4 B Body upper A Arms are almost damn near impossible to sell. I gave up taking those to the swap meets. But none-the-less it is a very nice gesture to help out the OP.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That’s very generous, those are very useable just need some elbow grease!

Yes, that is very generous. Those 73-4 B Body upper A Arms are almost damn near impossible to sell. I gave up taking those to the swap meets. But none-the-less it is a very nice gesture to help out the OP.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Meh, they were quite literally going in the scrap pile if not, so I'd rather someone try and get some use out of them vs them turned into chinese tin cans.

Thank you dukeboy_318. Thats nice of you but i have a set im currently rebuilding. Iused evapo-rust on them and they look practically new. I was just wondering if anyone here had tried to get the other style of control arm to work. I saw firm feel makes tubular style but they cost $450 for the pair. Thanks for all the replies and input guys.

I’ve not seen much front suspension parts for the iso mounted k frames. I don’t think anyone makes tube control arms or k frames for them. Pretty much stock is all I’ve seen.

Without major modes it isn't going to happen firstly you don't have the mounting areas on your car so you'll need to cut that out and weld the correct mounting areas in .
Not sure why you would want to change the setups!
There's no real advantage s they do the exact same thing honestly I'd say the 73-74 style is prob better! Since it rides on the same shaft ! I just had to beat and cut and cuss the hell out of my 72 because the drivers side upper control arm wouldn't come off bolt rusted into the bush sleeve. If I had the newer setup I would of had alot less issues!

Auto Transport Service
Back