• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper Control Arm

bridjet

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
So, I stripped the threading on my upper control arm where the ball joint screws into. Im looking to replace the upper control arms on my 1973 satellite sebring plus. I cannot seem to find any that fit. everything is up to 72.

I have the single cross shaft style.

I bought https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-770243/applications/year/1973/make/plymouth this however the cross shaft is way to think to press in the arm

Can anyone guide me in finding a place to by upper control arms that will fit a 73 with single cross shaft for mounting.

The ones i have found that fit a 73 says this Will not work on models that have a single cross shaft for mounting their upper control arms, must have the style with two separate pock et mounts.

Try Cass at DoctorDiff.com. If he doesn't carry them, he can probably tell you who does. I bought my new control arms for my Charger from him.

Try Cass at DoctorDiff.com. If he doesn't carry them, he can probably tell you who does. I bought my new control arms for my Charger from him.

He does not carry them. He told me for 73 and 74 years they do not make reproductions or tubulars with the single shaft. A company in WA called Firm Feel is one of very few that actually make newer ones with the single cross shaft.

Thanks for the contact!

There was someone parting out a Cordoba on here not to long ago. You might check the parts car section and see if they still have them.

I believe 73 Charger parts also work if you want to stay stock and locate salvaged parts, that's whats on my lower, because I had the same problem with ball joint threads getting stripped.

Which one do you need? I’m putting firm feels on my wagon, one of mine already has a new ball joint in it.

There has to be a ton of used ones out there, if you're ok with that. Try MoparMarks, he posts in the classifieds and parts out desert cars.

Are you still looking for NOS upper control arms?

All the 73-79 B and 79-81 R bodies use the same upper control arms. In fact, almost everything suspension and underbody related fits between all these cars.

Last edited:
I have an original set from a 73 Road Runner with the shafts for $35 plus shipping
PM me if interested

75-79 as mentioned above, but be aware there was a design change and later ones use a pressed in ball joint.

doesn't affect the geometry, just the ball joint part and install.

might want to get a matched set to avoid having one screw in and one press in.

there have been several threads on here where unsuspecting members have pressed out a screw in BJ and ruined their control arms.

also be aware they are specific left or right

good point

Auto Transport Service
Back