• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Cartool frame connectors on a 69 Road Runner

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
Thinking about removing the homemade connectors on my RR this winter and trying the US Cartool models along with their torque boxes. For you guys that have put these on your car, how big of a deal is getting the e-brake, brake, and fuel lines run through or around them?

On my 67 Belvedere they had cut out, holes, etc. In the necessary places to accommodate all the fuel lines and E-brake.

On my 67 Belvedere they had cut out, holes, etc. In the necessary places to accommodate all the fuel lines and E-brake.
I was thinking they should. But of all the pics I can find, I can't see any.

02CAE5E6-3C71-4628-A876-8B1746FB7776.jpeg
E Brake Cable. 69 Coronet R/T.

Was that hole there originally Dennis, or did you make it? That would be the easy one I guess. More concerned with the fuel and brake lines.

Installer made the hole. 12 years ago. Fuel lines has been plumbed and re plumbed so many I don’t think pictures would be helpful. Let me know. These welded in connectors are one of the best upgrades ever.

The right side connector is notched for fuel lines. On the UST website there are many pictures of them for 66-70 B Body. You can zoom on them to see.

No holes are made by UST for the brake. You have to do them yourself.

Ok, thanks guys. I'll order a set and give it a go.

Good choice! Here are some pic's. As you can see, they have cutouts for the brake and fuel lines. They need about an hour's
worth of fitting to the floor before welding. I ran a string through the e-brake cable brackets to make two holes for the cable. I also welded the corner areas solid and ground a nice radius on them to make them look "Finished".
DSCF8587.JPG
DSCF8593.JPG
DSCF8592.JPG
DSCF8600.JPG
DSCF8623.JPG

Good choice! Here are some pic's. As you can see, they have cutouts for the brake and fuel lines. They need about an hour's
worth of fitting to the floor before welding. I ran a string through the e-brake cable brackets to make two holes for the cable. I also welded the corner areas solid and ground a nice radius on them to make them look "Finished".View attachment 1002855 View attachment 1002856 View attachment 1002857 View attachment 1002859 View attachment 1002860
Looks beautiful. I always put mine in like yours, parallel with the rockers. I think I saw somewhere, maybe USCT website, where they are getting installed so the front is lined up with the front fraimrail. Better than parallel, idk?

The problem lies in the placement of the rear section that goes over the existing rail and is plug-welded
in multiple spots. you don't have much choice but to run it straight foward to where you see it welded.

worth of fitting to the floor before welding. I ran a string through the e-brake cable brackets to make two holes for the cable. I also welded the corner areas solid and ground a nice radius on them to make them look "Finished".View attachment 1002855 View attachment 1002856 View attachment 1002857 View attachment 1002859 View attachment 1002860
Them ******* sure do look factory!

How well did your rails fit? I have an AMD floor and the same rails but they sure don’t follow the floor contour very well.

How well did your rails fit? I have an AMD floor and the same rails but they sure don’t follow the floor contour very well.
I had a stock floor and used their connectors. Would you believe that all floors are not the same so they would drop in?

As you can see by the pic's, they actually fit pretty good! I had to work on them for an hour and a half
to make them fit great. When you say that you put AMD floor pans in, well that's another variable you have to work
with. Download the photo's and then enlarge them to see greater detail.

My car had a LOT of suspension changes made, and my "new ride" is stiffer but I like the solid feel, it actually "feels stronger" driving it.
I got the subframe connectors, front and rear torque boxes, and front leaf spring hanger reinforcement plates installed.
20200707_125606.jpg
20200707_125638.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back