• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Use high grade bolts! Just need to vent!

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
lovely Friday evening I had on the side of the road in my 64! Ugghhhh just need to vent here. Guy who built my engine used a hardware grade bolt for one of the alternator bolts so I'm cruising along and all of a sudden clang! Clang! Clang! Oh ****... bolt snapped, came out of the alternator, smashed into my fan banging that all up! Lovely! Hope you guys had a better Friday!

That's not that bad at least it didn't eat your rad up !
And hey at least you get to drive your car mines in a 1000 bits and pieces in the shed. I'll take any cruse time and deal with a broken bolt . Just remember your car could be not on the road so take a broken bolt on the noise and keep on truckin. Good luck

That's not that bad at least it didn't eat your rad up !
And hey at least you get to drive your car mines in a 1000 bits and pieces in the shed. I'll take any cruse time and deal with a broken bolt . Just remember your car could be not on the road so take a broken bolt on the noise and keep on truckin. Good luck

Ya very true! I guess a few fan blades is better then a rad!

Call up the guy who built it and ask how many other temporary bolts were accidentally left in, and when was he planning on putting in the proper ones?

Wow. Had a similar issue years ago. Side of the road. On my way to Vegas. A friend stopped and got me going. That was at Casa de Fruita on 152 probably 2005.

Auto Transport Service
Back