• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Used car Moving Body Wheel Set for B body

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for front and rear set of body wheels set to roll a B body around the garage once the suspension is off. They are pretty expensive new so I thought I'd ask if someone is done with a set and willing to sell to me for my Coronet project.

Below is uscartools brand but I don't care what brand they are as long as they work reliably. Home made ok too. Or if someone has a link to another brand that doesn't cost a fortune I'd appreciate it too. I'd like front and rear but definitely want the front set if I can afford them in the budget.

moparabebodybodywheels_thumbnail.jpg

Got to be careful where the casters were made. China made don't last very long. I have a set wheels that look like the ones in the pic that have the different color tread and 5 years later, the tread cracked all to pieces and fell off. I'm so tired of **** from China!!! I made a large base dolly from wheels from a heavy duty tool box using angle iron for a frame and it's now 20+ years old. The wheels are not as large so if your floor is a little rough, it will not roll as easily but at least they are still whole.

Got to be careful where the casters were made. China made don't last very long. I have a set wheels that look like the ones in the pic that have the different color tread and 5 years later, the tread cracked all to pieces and fell off. I'm so tired of **** from China!!! I made a large base dolly from wheels from a heavy duty tool box using angle iron for a frame and it's now 20+ years old. The wheels are not as large so if your floor is a little rough, it will not roll as easily but at least they are still whole.

Sounds like a great idea Cranky but I'm looking for something bolt on. I don't know how to weld and don't have a welder :). I'm hoping somebody has some that they no longer need.

Here's another seller of the casters - got a set from them at a local show ( saved shipping costs ) . . .

http://www.autotwirler.us/product-p/mbc.htm

A little bit less . . . but not much . . . and they're in Indiana ( not sure how close they are to you )

Thanks man. These things don't seem like they should cost this much but I'm sure it's all in the casters but I don't know why casters cost as much as they do either.

Looks like this brand are $90 bucks cheaper if you get them w/o paint or powder coat and apparently red and neon green costs more to PC than grey our blue for whatever reason.

Anyone have a nice set of these they are willing to part with? I'm concerned with looks as longs as they are solid and work smoothly.

MVC-065S.JPGI have a set I made for my car ! I can send you specs and pics Or make you a set. How Long you need tham ? I may just lend you mine ??

I made a set for my project and it was super easy. I could make a set for you- PM me if you're interested

I have a set I made for my car ! I can send you specs and pics Or make you a set. How Long you need tham ? I may just lend you mine ??

I made a set for my project and it was super easy. I could make a set for you- PM me if you're interested

Thanks guys! I'll PM you

$(KGrHqRHJE8FIpiO13O7BSO)0voGQg~~60_57[1].jpg

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!rEFJiHfbNiNBSdrMrv3U!~~60_57[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!rEFJiHfbNiNBSdrMrv3U!~~60_57[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 331
Excellent set up snake eyes n looks pretty simple to construct ive been toying with the idea of something more soild than the basic four post design i think this will be a lot stronger n versitile

[video]http://www.ebay.com/itm/331058813989?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autotwirler-Auto-Twirler-Moveable-Elite-Car-Body-Restoration-Dolly-Cart-Stand/251327130765?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D261%26meid%3D2931742850019989347%26pid%3D10 0005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D331058 813989%26[/video]

Not bad. That's in the ball park with the off the shelf body wheels just a little more to store.

at that price I was watching on ebay could buy it and hang on the wall till needed there good to have I don't like those others ones :eusa_think:

You are definitly right the price for the used one n you are in the same state send a offer

- - - Updated - - -

YOU ARE DEFINITLY RIGHT THE PRICE FOR THE USED ONE N YOU ARE IN THE SAME STATE SEND A OFFER

- - - Updated - - -

IVE ALLREADY DOWN LOADED THE PICS IT IS A SIMPLE FABRICATION N I CAN ADJUST TO ACCOMANDATE MY NEEDS.TNKS AGAIN STEVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back