• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Used Cars" Movie from 1980

roadrunnerh

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Another thread prompted me to post this. First of all, I love "Used Cars" and don't even know how many times I've watched it - A LOT.

An old grade school friend of mine, Matt and I watched this numerous times laughing at the crazy scenes and dialog. His family owned a Beta Max and then VHS before mine. Matt's dad owned a Newsstand downtown and would bring home bootleg movies and legit stuff. This movie was in regular rotation at the time, along with Hooper, Up In Smoke, Smokey And The Bandit, etc. We watched Dukes of Hazzard every Friday night alternating houses, ha!

Have you guys seen this one?
Used Car Movie.jpg

I went to the drive in and saw it. One of the funniest car dealership movies that was close to reality. That's what made it ao funny to me. I can't tell you how many salesmen I scared the **** out of on test drives. Lol. Thanks for bringing this up, I need to watch it again. What streaming channel has it?

I'm not sure, I have it on DVD. How about Luke's funeral in the rain?
Who wants to go for a ride? "Toby" wants to go for a ride!

You want to see something impressive?
Do a site search for "Used Cars movie"....
Yeah, it's come up a few times (more like a few hundred :) ).

I love that movie. When the kids bounce out of the back of the station wagon as they're leaving the lot, then go running to catch up.

That movie is chock full of funny scenes and notable quotes.

I saw it in a drive inn when it came out. For a few parts hands quickly came out to cover up us young ones eyes. Funny movie.

Got a real oil pressure problem there old man...running hot....running real hot!

Filmed in Arizona.

I had not thought of that movie for a long time. I'm going to have to watch it again now. Funny as hell !
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back