• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB used headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryplydog

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am in need of a used set of headers for a 1964 Dodge Polara. They need to fit a 383/400 and be 1-7/8 inch or 2 inch od. 440 headers will prob also work for me also PM me here. thanks

The Summits are decent headers for that price too. Easy fit, put some good header paint on them and go.

I bought a set of the Summit headers so I can use them on m run stand.. They may eventually end up in the Belle...

All of the cheap headers, flowtech, summit, jegs and the shorties say they wont fit a 62-65 b-body, because of the early k-member. But i have never heard of anybody trying them to see WHY they wont fit. If one tube has to be dented up, or moved, it could be a lot cheaper than a $700-900 set. I,m kinda stuck with my 35 yo hookers, or i might try to find out.
@65pacecar, did you put a set of the summit on a 65 chassis big block? What problems?

Actually I stuck them in a 69 RR, good point about the 62-65 cars. Not sure on those.

I was lucky enough to find a set of hooker race adjustable for my 62 at the ocir swap meet. I've had to repair and "adjust" them some over the years, and I just recently had them coated. The one's I have were discontinued years ago, but the equivalent now is over a grand. I'm going to keep mine for a while yet.
Sincerely, good luck to the op, those headers are hard to find. If I were in his spot, I would try some cheapies, MAKE em fit, then get em coated.
I wonder if a person could compare tube routing of a pair of Doug's that fit with summit's that dont?

Thanks Guys. I have hedman 78030's and they fit as perfect as could be expected but are 1-3/4. I need to go to at least 1-7/8 and probably 2" but kind of a tight fit I would imagine. Problem is I want to move my engine back as far as is reasonable next winter and do us car tool frame connectors and that will prob cause me to have to buy a new set or build/modify. As I remember well over 40 years ago I think I used headers for 62-64 and put them on my 68 RR without to much of a fuss. Being a 4 spd. car and moving engine back far as I can prevents me from buying TTI now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back