• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Used steel drag wheel damage?

sam dupont

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Wanting to make my Charger Day Two as I had it back then, I am looking at a pair of steel 14x7 reverse wheels. After having SS's and the T Thrusts broke, I went back to steel and original hubcaps. To fit my Dunlop G60 GT Qualifiers, I bought chrome reverse wheels from K-Mart.
The 14x7's I found are from a drag car. They have been drilled for screws, which I will weld up.
My question is: Could they be bent from the forces exerted in hard launches? I ask because they are not local, so I can't look at them in person.

Last edited:
More than likely not. Take them to a local tire shop,have them mount them to their spin balancer and check for run out.
You will be able to see lateral and horizontal run out pretty much with the naked eye.

They are in another State, so I can't look at them in person. While they are cheap, there is shipping too. Even cheap, I'm not fond of wasting money

Jeez, what kind of 60 ft. Times did you have to break those wheels?

Jeez, what kind of 60 ft. Times did you have to break those wheels?

Thank you, I believe that answers my concerns. I never drag raced with cars so I haven't had the education. That's why I came here, FBBO is a fount of knowledge one would have to spend hours on google to find.

If the seller will tell you his cars weight and 60' times people on here could tell you if any strain.
My gut would be anyone using a 14x7 wasn't setting the world on fire

Auto Transport Service
Back