• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacuum Orna-Metal refinished my dash bezel and glove box front.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
Just received these back and the quality of the work looks great. They did the bezel and glove box lid, heater control panel, polished the lenses and did the two little control knobs.

IMG_5422.JPG
IMG_5425.JPG
IMG_5424.JPG

Only issue is the outer edge that returns to the dash frame was left exposed chrome and not blacked out on either piece - at least the outer edge on the restored cluster face on my 67 GTX is blacked out and I think it should be on the 66 also. Can someone confirm this is correct for 66 also?

If it needs blacking out I'll mask and paint it myself with SEM Trim black rather than risk sending it through the shipping services twice again.

Yes, the outer perimeter that returns to the metal dash frame.

Outer edge on mine is black.

Cant say with 100% certainty its factory that way.

Mine were redone by MrGs 20 years ago

20210502_153347.jpg 20210502_153323.jpg

Outside is Black...per my Mr Gs restore 10 yrs ago.

IMG_20210502_161543391.jpg

Yeah - I think it's supposed to be black but just confirming. Should be an easy fix.

Now with Dako's picture, that edge to dash is black. Thought you meant the outer of the 2 bands facing driver.

I have two glovebox doors off my 66 Belvedere and the outside edge is black.
I just sent one in to Orna-metal to have it done. I'm going to send an e-mail
in and ask them to keep that area black. Was quoted 8-10 weeks turnaround.
Dave

They did the bezels in my 67’ barracuda and 69’ bee and they do excellent work!

I have two glovebox doors off my 66 Belvedere and the outside edge is black.
I just sent one in to Orna-metal to have it done. I'm going to send an e-mail
in and ask them to keep that area black. Was quoted 8-10 weeks turnaround.
Dave

I think reminding them about blacking out the outside edge would be a good idea. They quoted me the same turnaround but they actually turned it around in about 35 days so pretty quick. They really look nice.

That is the one issue with "restored" cars that irks me. The rest of the car looks great, then you see the interior pics and they couldnt be bothered to refinish the bezel and trim pieces like you did. Seeing a like new dash from the drivers seat makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back