• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value Help - 1969 Charger R/T J code rolling shell - Update!!

Hemi cars have six torque boxes and a different heavier duty plate above the pinion bumper. Check to see that all of them are present,and have been there since day one.

Chargers will also have triangular plates welded in near the ends of the frame rails where the spring shackles bolt to Those, the torque boxes and heavier pinion plate can be seen below. Also, the rear axle up-stop bumpers are different on a Hemi. They are rounded instead of pointed.

2012_09090009.JPG

2012_10060002.JPG

Chargers will also have triangular plates welded in near the ends of the frame rails where the spring shackles bolt to Those, the torque boxes and heavier pinion plate can be seen below. Also, the rear axle up-stop bumpers are different on a Hemi. They are rounded instead of pointed.

View attachment 1270868

View attachment 1270881

Arrows added...

2012_09090009.jpg

Kinda surprised it doesn't have the front boxes... Like these..

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 9.00.33 AM.png

I think those are convertible only items?

I can't say on B bodies, on my old R/T SE Challenger which was just a 440/727 it had the full front boxes.... And the rear boxes, and the rounded style axle bumpers.... They just threw everything at it...

Oh, one more view of the triangular plates.... Definitely look for them...

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 9.10.35 AM.png

The K frame is correct. Also the mounting for the power disc brake unit is still there.

Yeah, I see more that looks right than wrong & the work I see looks more like someone with no clue than someone trying to fake it...

Making it right will be a big project but if you have the willingness to do some hard work it's got potential..

Lotta guys put all the effort in & wind up with a 383 or 440 car... This one is worth the effort... & thats coming from someone who really doesn't care much about owning another Hemi car...

I thought they had the front torque boxes too. The rear axle bumpers are the same rounded larger type as the ones on convertibles. There was a rough 69 Hemi Charger R/T 4 speed car that sold on Moparts about 6 or seven years ago. This car might be part or all of that car. It was B5 blue.

I can't say on B bodies, on my old R/T SE Challenger which was just a 440/727 it had the full front boxes.... And the rear boxes, and the rounded style axle bumpers.... They just threw everything at it...

70 might be different. I'm familiar with 68 & 69's.

Seen variations of T boxes on original Hemi & Six Pack cars through the years. Believe in addition to year and model variations, there are differences due to selection of "A30s" build code Trac Pak levels.

If it has a title that matches the vin's, I think you should buy it, if you want it.

Well I offered 20k he wanted 29k. The car needs everything and all the metal work would have to be redone. Not worth it to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back