• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value on removed stuff?

rolling_Thunder

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I know a lot of this is subjective to the area I live in (SoCal) but is there any value to the things I will be removing from my '64 Polara - namely the following

- Tapered Axle 8 3/4 -- I know they have gone way of the Do-do bird and most people prefer the later and easier to work on style but is there any reason to keep it? I don't forsee myself using it in the future but I am aware one can use the housing with traditional axles from Dr. Diff.... do they have any value to anyone beyond the minimum

- 1964 B/T style 727 -- I will be swapping to a 4-speed from the factory 727... It is obviously a ball-and-trunion style with cable shift mechanism... I was planning on using it to learn how to rebuild an auto (the one thing I have probably never done on a car) but also find it different parts wise from the newer styles. I know also the B/T is not very desirable compared to slip-yoke style transmissions but may be wanted by someone? I ask because I have a BB 727 sliptyoke trans out of a 71? Wagon that I have been trying to sell for about a year with NO interest what-so-ever at $300 or even any offers... just curious if the B/T is any different.

- 1964 B/T style 727

Not exactly gold but the valve bodies are becoming very tough to find for those that need them... Early valve bodies have a tendency to crack also, and there's no repair for that (weak casting, sky high unregulated reverse pressure?). Main case for early cable shift is the same as the '65 slip yoke units too, and becoming a tough find. (actually most of the innards are, but they aren't hard to find or necessarily desirable).
HTH, Lefty71

I hear what you’re saying about value and area. I’m in Ford country. Have a working big block 727 and torque converter from a ‘68 satellite that I ended up giving away for free because there were no buyers, and only one taker even at free.

Auto Transport Service
Back