• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve cover gaskets?

Although I usually use Felpro, I've used Reinz (on other vehicles ). with Indian Head, as usual.

No used them on 2 440's one 383 with original valve covers. Then later reused them with Mopar Performance covers on the 383. The only time I had a problem is when I was doing my cam breakin with HP manifolds it cooked the outer portion of the gasket. It was not the gaskets fault it was mine. I should have used headers to break in the cam. But even with them cooked they didnt leak. Not sure on the small blocks. But should be the same outcome. Best thing about them.. They are reusable.

Parts clerk recommended a set of similar gaskets to me a few years ago for my 383. Never was able to stop the leaks after installing them. Changed back to cork valve cover gaskets, sealed to the valve covers with weatherstrip adhesive and lightly greased on the head side sealing surface. No leaks to date.
Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back