• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve cover studs; What engines and what years.....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Mopar newbie here, I just found that the factory put studs on bottom ends of stock valve covers. Just curious as to about what year that started and if it was for all big and small block engines. Did that stop. I have stock 78 440 that I thought was original, but all bolts, no studs. thanks....

Oh wow, lots of views but no posters. Now, I'm really curious.....

68-383 had the studs on my Bee.

I received a 67 440 long block when I bought my first three Chargers. I rebuilt the motor and found when I put the valve covers on the corner bolt was tight but the cover was not pulled down tight. I then discovered I had long and short bolts and just assumed the short bolts were used on the ends. Now, I realize there was a broken stud in there as the long bolts were bottoming out. My 70 340 engine had all bolts, as well as my 318s and a 360, but not sure if they had been removed by a PO.....

Auto Transport Service
Back