• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanishing Point 1971 Dodge Challenger Engine Specs

moparnorth

Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the Vanishing Point 1970 Dodge Challenger Engine Specs also carb and intake type

Last edited:
This list shows it getting a Carter 4737 C-4-AVS if it was a non Cali car. Vanishing point was a 1970 Challenger. Thats the 4-speed carb, this number here is the Automatic transmission carb Carter 4738 C-4-AVS And here is the 1970 Cast Iron intake number for a 1970 440. 2951736 440-4 1970
The movie came out in 71 but the car was a 70.

The car featured in the film is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, with a 440 cubic-inch V-8, and not a 426 Hemi V-8 (as is often believed). Eight white Challengers loaned from the Chrysler Corporation were used during the filming.
http://www.mymopar.com/carbguide.htm

Last edited:
This list shows it getting a Carter 4737 C-4-AVS if it was a non Cali car. Vanishing point was a 1970 Challenger. Thats the 4-speed carb, this number here is the Automatic transmission carb Carter 4738 C-4-AVS And here is the 1970 Cast Iron intake number for a 1970 440. 2951736 440-4 1970
The movie came out in 71 but the car was a 70.

The car featured in the film is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, with a 440 cubic-inch V-8, and not a 426 Hemi V-8 (as is often believed). Eight white Challengers loaned from the Chrysler Corporation were used during the filming.
http://www.mymopar.com/carbguide.htm
Thanks for the help

This is all surprising. The movie all ways leads to this car being anything but stock and never showed the engine that I remember.

You can contact Ted Stephens,Stephens Performance. [email protected]
He has the original car from Vanishing Point remake.I'm sure he knows all about the car from the first movie too.
He brought it to a show in Vegas and I had it at my shop for a few days till he picked it up.

Chrysler loaned (5) Challengers to the production company for the movie.
(4) were R/T's with 440 Magnums and 4 speeds; one was a 383 automatic.
They all were destroyed after the movie, sadly.

I'm not sure it matters what was actually in the cars.
They could have used 6 cylinders and we wouldn't know the difference when we watch the movie.

I'm not sure it matters what was actually in the cars.
They could have used 6 cylinders and we wouldn't know the difference when we watch the movie.
How true. These days may not even be the same brand of car. There has always been speculation as to what hit the dozer in the first movie.

Chrysler loaned (5) Challengers to the production company for the movie.
(4) were R/T's with 440 Magnums and 4 speeds; one was a 383 automatic.
They all were destroyed after the movie, sadly.
allegedly. they will turn up in Mexico in 10 years

How true. These days may not even be the same brand of car. There has always been speculation as to what hit the dozer in the first movie.
I'm pretty sure there are pictures that show it was a camaro

It hit a camaro for sure watch the hood flying in the air.... Dead giveaway.

i149072.jpg
vp583oe4.3977.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back