• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent Box Seal

El.Padrino

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

took my driver‘s side fresh air vent box apart. Teared down the old rubber seal of the door that sits in the box and seals it from entering fresh air.

I had in my mind that this rubber seal is available as reproduction. But can‘t find it. NOT looking for the vent box to cowl seal!

68-70 b-body (non AC)

Thanks!

Detroit muscle technologies has them, probably have to buy the whole kit

I do have the whole rebuild kit for the heater box that includes the vent box as well. It only comes withe the vent box to cowl foam type seal.
Looked up DMT again but could not find any rubber seal for the inside door.

Picture of old one would help

The rubber is too far gone... will take a pic of the door, so you can see where it sealed to the vent box.

The DMT kit is complete. When I rebuilt my box all new seals matched the originals in material. It would be nice if the DMT seals had adhesive backs - spray adhesive doesn't quite cut it !!

I have pics.

You can see it was around the edge, on both sides.

46D27585-67EE-4E62-9951-B38CA95143A9.jpeg 1051EF0B-18CB-45E0-9BFA-26B92A2F9866.jpeg E18020D9-6A03-4732-9F5D-0B537280C193.jpeg

I ended up using a regular clip-on seal profile glued around the door. Seals up the vent box perfectly, better than original.

715E8A9B-CD25-42DB-A342-D87A621E1171.jpeg C295EAE9-304F-44F7-95D0-DED3DA823E5E.jpeg

I am curious as well, as I am in the process of cleaning up my vent box as well.

Old thread, but I was wondering if you remember what clip-on seal you used for the door flap.

I tore mine down and the rubber seal is trashed

I am curious as well, as I am in the process of cleaning up my vent box as well.

I can't recall what the name of the profile was atm. I bought it at a rubber, hose & seal supplier store.

It was a reinforced rubber U shape with some soft type foam sealer onit that seals against the plastic vent box.
Will try to find it when I am back home and take some pics.

I ended up using a regular clip-on seal profile glued around the door. Seals up the vent box perfectly, better than original.

View attachment 628160 View attachment 628161
Old thread i know....

My driver side vent box only seemed to have the one side of the flapper painted black (side inside the box). I see you painted both sides black. What is correct from factory?
Also, what glue did you use to hold the seal on?
I'm using the original seal but need to reapply glue/adhesive.

Old thread i know....

My driver side vent box only seemed to have the one side of the flapper painted black (side inside the box). I see you painted both sides black. What is correct from factory?
Also, what glue did you use to hold the seal on?
I'm using the original seal but need to reapply glue/adhesive.

sorry, didn't spend a lot time online these days..

My flapper was definitely painted semi-gloss black on both sides. Only the pivot and the stamped sheet metal piece had a natural finish. The two bolts were black phosphate.

I used trim adhesive for the seal, works great.

sorry, didn't spend a lot time online these days..

My flapper was definitely painted semi-gloss black on both sides. Only the pivot and the stamped sheet metal piece had a natural finish. The two bolts were black phosphate.

I used trim adhesive for the seal, works great.
All done and it'll turned out quite well! Thank you for the response though

Auto Transport Service
Back