• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent window division channel guides

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Anybody know of a source for these? Thin plastic with a felt like material about 16.5" long. Car is a 69 Bee, but I believe they are all the same from 68-74's.

20191128_154453.jpg 20191128_154435.jpg

Richard can probably point you in the right direction, I think the OEM supply formed already curved have dried up..

.. oh yah, and talk to the finance boss before buying! :D

A,B, and C bodies all used this . I think from about 1966-71, Used to be able to get it from Chrysler. Detroitmuscletechnologies.com are working on reproductions. There were some made off shore and sold by various vendors. Maybe try Larson’s. National Moparts and Classic Industries have them also.

I'll check with Richard. Kind of sucks, but I have 3 that would work on the passenger side but no decent ones for the drivers side.

Can you use a hole punch, turn it upside down, put new holes in it and install? I have a pair of NOS ones and they are not curved.

I tried to get a pass side to fit on the drivers. The plastic just buckles and wont work. Wayne, did you have to buy new ones for your Bee?

Yes, I had repros (that work well on the rear flip outs!) and then found some OEM's for the front door glass.. covered in my build thread.

I purchased mine from Richard and they fit perfectly. I did damage one (my fault) and had to order another one. But both worked out great.

If they're not preformed curved they are not "NOS" or OEM, sorry. They are reproductions.
Careful with the term "NOS".....The ones you are referring to were the ones reproduced in the 80'/90's....Came in a mopar package brown on one side and clear on clear on the other......Thos are the ones that literally have "dried" up...Good ole Ma mopar deemed they were no longer reproducing them in the early 2000's....NS1 them...

They are moulded correctly but you still should reuse your original clips....The new ones are as mentioned straight and they buckle....All is good until you have to raise and lower your glass.....

Those NORS from Mopar will run you about 250-300 bills.....Which is ridiculous.....I wish I held onto what I had years ago, I had about 10 sets....but used them on cars and sold to friends.....

Careful with the term "NOS".....The ones you are referring to were the ones reproduced in the 80'/90's....Came in a mopar package brown on one side and clear on clear on the other......Thos are the ones that literally have "dried" up...Good ole Ma mopar deemed they were no longer reproducing them in the early 2000's....NS1 them...

They are moulded correctly but you still should reuse your original clips....The new ones are as mentioned straight and they buckle....All is good until you have to raise and lower your glass.....

Those NORS from Mopar will run you about 250-300 bills.....Which is ridiculous.....I wish I held onto what I had years ago, I had about 10 sets....but used them on cars and sold to friends.....
Note I was referring to the post above mine.. claiming he had NOS that were straight.. :)

Note I was referring to the post above mine.. claiming he had NOS that were straight.. :)
Correct and I was adding a bit more info.......plus I wanted to throw in your recent term, NOSR......:D

So if I can find a channel for my drivers side and get the window back in operation, do you guys think I should use these new plastic ties? I have only the pack to do 1 side. Are they better than the originals seeing as though they have a bevel?

20191128_195411.jpg

You can make the new ones work if your old ones are too brittle. I covered this as well in my build thread with three different sets of "guides" side by each. It takes a careful comparison to see WHERE the new ones are the wrong thickness. Compare the inside distance between a set of pinned slides "feet" from old to new. I was able to steal my rear pop out "slides" (that act as hinges) for my fronts and used the reproductions for the rear "pop outs"

So if I can find a channel for my drivers side and get the window back in operation, do you guys think I should use these new plastic ties? I have only the pack to do 1 side. Are they better than the originals seeing as though they have a bevel?

View attachment 873938
I only reuse the originals.....The new ones are a "hit or miss" and not worth the hassle.....

Take the rusty pins and soak them in evaporust.......

Do not use the new clips. They are significantly thicker than the originals. You will tear the rear piece trying to get it in the channel. The front ones will go in, but you will have to use both hands on your window crank to get your window up and down.

D

Auto Transport Service
Back