• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vent window frame's.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Well I bought the new vent window frames for my 69 post car runner. Have had to drill and neural the holes where the bolts hole it in the door. The driver side is giving me a fit trying to align it up. Took part of my thumb off to day pulling out the door plug. So I could get to the adjustment bolt's. It is too tight at the back or could say to far back. Just can't seem to move it forward. Top is not going up far enough to close the gap to the gasket under the drip rail. I adjusted the bottom bolt but now to high on the vent frame so going to lower it. Will have to drill out the hole in the bottom fork on the vent window so it will move forward and not be to tight on the door sill its self. They just don't make it easy. Has any one had this problem with the window being to far back towards the post.

Hi Blue! I used new frames as well and had to revamp the bracket in my right door which is an original door. The drivers door is new and the frame fit that door. Go figure? I guess they just need a lot of fiddling with to get them properly aligned! Keep you're cool and you'll get there. Good luck. ruffcut

Yes it is too far back and window is over lapping the seal at the post. Will try to day to drill out some metal on the frame. Had to do that on the passenger side. Seems the glass is too big also. AMD. I see that some one here cut the glass down to correct that. But I don't have luck cutting on tempered glass. Read many articles on these frames and the window in stall. Thought I was done with them. Guess not. Have a good one and with a mangled left thumb will a tempt to do it. Thanks for the info. Blue.

I had issues also with them. Mine came from Classic Industries. The left fit good. The right side I had to slot the die cast part to make it go down and forward. At first it seemed like they were not going to work but once I marked it and figured where it had to go the carbide cutter made quick work of it. In reality it took me more time to complain than to actually get the job done. As I say. CCJ Cheap Chinese Junk.

Doing all I can do with out taking it all out again. It is getting closer so guess I will leave it at that. Blue.

I was able to get my barrel style carbide in there and grind with the frame in the door.

Thanks pnora. Well guess I will leave it for now. The door shuts and just wont roll down the window. Got A/C so no real reason why I have to roll it down. Don't figure why things are so far off. dadsbees show's cutting the glass down but that is another story. Don't have good luck with tempered glass. LOL.

Following. Can you post some picture of the mods you made? Thanks.

D

Following. Can you post some picture of the mods you made? Thanks.

D
I don't under stand about mod's made. A lot of replacement parts from AMD. Window glass from them Rain gutter's. It went on and on. New door's. Replacement vent window frame's. Passenger side is not as bad as the driver's side. New seals from part's mix. Soft seal's. Door aligns well with body. Tried to clean more material off the frame where the bolt's hold the vent frame in the door. A just the bottom bolt at bottom of door all the way out. To let the frame down no more adjustment. Going to Call AMD and see if they have an answer also. Thanks for help if you clear up what mod's made will get pic's. Blue. Just frustrated with all the adjusting that dose not seem to work. Blue.

This thread is about vent window frames. What modifications are you doing to the vent window frames to make them fit? I am considering using these but have reservations based upon experiences like yours. Thanks.

D

Ok got you. Had to open up the holes some longer and some at an angle. Sorry have covered up the holes. Trying to get them to move either down or forward. If I had it over to do would have my old frames cleaned and chromed. U can buy the vent window frame by them selves.

Auto Transport Service
Back